There are hundreds, but here are our top 15 reasons why everyone should rock the 15th anniversary of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona Marathon & 1/2 Marathon, January 12-14, 2018!
1) A distance for everybody: Seriously, e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y. Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona sits tied atop the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon Series leader board with SIX event offerings over race weekend. No one can make an excuse as to why they can’t participate!
2) The swag: Sweet participant t-shirts. Medals that will be at the top of your collection. Gear check bag. And the freebies from our Expo partners? Prepare to go home hooked up!
3) Flat courses: Just look at the elevation profiles below each of the course maps. What a better way to start off the new year than with a PR-friendly course?!
4) Music All the Time: From the moment you get to the Expo, to when you arrive at the start line(s), to when you cross the finish, you’re being serenaded by live local bands and DJs with one goal: entertain and energize YOU!
5) Best Finish Line Festival Venue: We host a lot of finish line festivals each year, but Tempe Beach park is always the best host. Great views, on the water, lots of grass for tired legs, and great tunes…this one has it all!
6) Headliner Concert: Arizona always rocks. And no, we’re not talking about the big ones you run by. We’re talking Rock ‘n’ Roll, and the post-race headliner concert never disappoints, welcoming runners home from their 6.2, 13.1 and 26.2 mile journeys!
7) The Remix Challenge: Running back-to-back days is cool enough. But when there is a sweet, spinning Remix Challenge Medal involved as a reward, it gets extra cool. Are you up for the challenge?! NOTE: 2017 Remix Challenge medal seen below…2018 version coming soon!
8) Fast Runners: The speedsters always come out to kick off the new year, which is always fun to see, even if they leave you in their dust from the beginning.
9) A True Tour of Arizona: As the only Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series race to run through three major cities, Arizona provides a unique, comprehensive tour of the Valley of the Sun.
10) Perfect January Temperatures: What’s up snowbirds?! There are few places in the country where running in January is OK. Arizona is one of them and has always delivered us perfect running temperatures!
11) Where Records are Broken: Josh Cox took down the still-standing 50K American record in 2011. Haile Gebrselassie set the men’s half marathon world record in 2006. Which record is coming down next?!
12) First Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series Event With Three Days of Running: Technically, Nashville also has three days of running, but one of those days is kids only, so Arizona sets the record with events on back-to-back-to-back days that adults can participate in!
13) First Rock ‘n’ Roll Event of the Calendar Year: Hello Heavy Medalists! If you’re aiming for a hefty Heavy medal haul in 2018, there is no better way to start than with taking on Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona!
14) Half Marathon Start Line on ASU Campus: Half marathoners go back to school race morning with a picturesque start line on University, right in the heart of the Arizona State University campus.
15) IT’S THE 15TH ANNIVERSARY! 15 Years is no easy feat. Through many course and venues changes, distances added and removed, we are so very proud to be hosting the 15th annual event. Fun fact: Over 115 runners have participated in the marathon or half marathon for 14 consecutive years – quite a feat!
Don’t miss out on this epic weekend! Secure your spot now and we’ll see you at the Start Line!