Welcome to the 2018 Synchrony Financial Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon & 1/2. This year we have reset our focus on delivering best-in-class running events with improvements throughout race weekend, more support on course, more music, and more fun.
Check out the highlights of what to expect this weekend below!
Music that Moves You
As the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series, music is a core part of our DNA. In 2018, we’re stepping up our game and we are going to deliver a experience this weekend that includes:
- Better band stages that rock while you run!
- More music on course
- New music playlists all weekend
- Pacer Teams with music to help you rock to your goal!
- Customized playlists through Spotify! Check out all our playlists here or by searching Runrocknroll in your Spotify!
Support for Runners, By Runners
Race day is not just about the training you did to get there (though it is important). It’s about the course support, volunteers, aid stations, and the things runners need. We’re here for you to help you have your best race. In 2018, when you run with us, you’ll find:
- Extra visible mile markers to keep you motivated
- More gel aid stations (two on the half marathon course and three on the marathon!)
- Pacer signs you can’t miss
- All new corral signs that LIGHT UP so you can see them in the early morning
- New bib timing technology
- More porta potties for your comfort and convenience
- All new mobile app to track your runner
- And for those marathoners who are running 26.2 miles: bananas on course, a red carpet finish line and a post race finish line zone just for you filled with pizza, snacks, massages and MORE!
We are a Community
Your friends and family have your back—and in 2018, we’ve got theirs!
- Spectator grandstand viewing zone at the Finish Line
- Cameras on both the marathon and half marathon course streaming to the Finish Line so your friends and family can see you rock on the big screen!
We’re Bringing the Fun Back to the Run
The community of Arizona has supported us for 14 years—and in year 15 we’re coming back better than ever. With our new experience we promise we are thinking of you every step of the way. We hope you have a great event and look forward to watching you Rock ‘n’ Roll!