- This year, the Health & Fitness Expo takes place at the world-renowned Javits Convention Center. No matter where you’re staying – in Manhattan or Brooklyn – you can easily access the 7 train from most major subway lines. Just take the 7 train running west and exit at the last stop (34th Street/Hudson Yards), and the convention center is a short walk.
How To Register
Registering is easy! You may register for any Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event in two ways.
- Register Online
- Request an entry form by mail. Please contact us and we will be happy to mail a form to you. All registrations submitted by paper entry form will be charged a $15 Green Fee for processing. We do not accept phone entries.
Please enter only once. If you fax or register online, do not mail a hard copy. Do not send multiple faxes or online entries.
Don’t know if you are registered for the 2017 Synchrony Financial Rock ‘n’ Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon? Click here to confirm.
Personalize Your Bib
You can submit 12 characters (including spaces) to be printed on your bib number when you register online before the event deadline. Simply type your message into the Personalize your Bib field during registration. Beware of using symbols as not all symbols will print correctly on bib numbers.
Your participant bib number, t-shirt and gear check bag must be picked up at the Health & Fitness Expo on Thursday, October 12 or Friday, October 13. In an effort to accommodate the requests from families and local runners while balancing the security and logistical needs of a major participatory event, we will be offering the following additional pick up option:
HELP YOUR FRIENDS AT THE EXPO
Outside of normal Rock ‘n’ Roll packet pick-up policies you will be allowed to pick up your friend or family’s packet at the Expo under these guidelines:
- You may pick up your packet and one additional packet at no extra cost. If you pick up additional packets, you will be charged $20 per packet. You can pick up a maximum of four packets, including your own.
- You must have a copy of the photo ID and the original signed confirmation sheet from each person whose packet you are picking up. Confirmation sheets will be available for download approximately two weeks prior to the event.
- Once you get to the Expo, please bring these items directly to the Solutions table to receive your packets and pay for service (if applicable).
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying levels. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, with other participants of similar running pace.
Before the event deadline: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
After the event deadline: If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
Before the event deadline: You may defer your Half Marathon entry to the following year for a $45 deferral fee. Entries will only be deferred to the following year for the same city and distance of your current registration. Deferral fees are non-refundable. 10K, 5K or other distances do not apply and cannot be deferred.
To defer your registration before the event deadline, please click here. You will have the option to either login to your Race It account OR enter your confirmation number and date of birth. (Your confirmation number can be found on your confirmation email which was sent to you at the time of registration and can also be resent using the Resend Confirmation option) On the next page select the option to “Defer Entry” and complete your payment information. Upon submission, your registration will automatically be transferred to the following year’s event and you will receive an email confirming your submission was processed successfully.
After the event deadline: Unfortunately, the option to defer is only valid through the event deadline and our standard cancellation policy will apply as follows: If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
2017 Event Registration Refund Program- (REGISTRATION COMPLETED ON OR AFTER MARCH 18, 2017)
Allianz Global Assistance offers Registration Protector
Registration Protector gives participants the opportunity to fully insure their entry. If you can’t attend this event for any number of reasons, including covered injury, illness, traffic accidents and more, you’ll be reimbursed for your registration cost, fees and other related costs. Just add it to your entry upon checkout! Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. See full coverage details.
To file a claim, please contact Allianz Global Assistance at 1-888-497-6989 or visit them online here
To contact Allianz Global Assitance directly by email: email@example.com
Note: Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions.
2017 Registration Refund Program- (REGISTRATION COMPLETED BEFORE MARCH 18, 2017)
Registration Refund Program provided by Transamerica
Great News! With Registration Refund provided by Transamerica you can request a 100% registration fee refund if you are unable to participate due to a specific covered reason. To qualify, you must select the Registration Refund option at the time of registration. You may then receive a registration fee refund if you are unable to participate due to any of the following reasons:
Bad things like:
Injury, unforeseen illness, family member injury or illness, family member loss of life, involuntary job loss, unexpected travel delays (that are covered under the policy).
Good things like:
Pregnancy, childbirth, family member pregnancy or childbirth.
Other reasons including:
Active duty military deployment, permanent job relocation.
Note: A Qualified Medical Practitioner must certify illness, injury or pregnancy refund requests.
Click here to learn more and review the program’s FAQs.
Click here to download a copy of the terms and conditions and the refund request form.
Note: Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions.
If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Competitor Group events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon or 2-Person Half Marathon Relay. You must be 10 years old to participate in the 10K. You must be 8 years old to participate in the 5K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Marathon or Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Parking & Transportation
Reserve your parking in advance and get there on time, stress free!
SpotHero is the nation’s leading parking reservation app to book convenient and affordable parking, whether it’s for an event, commute to work or even airport parking.
To reserve your parking spot, visit the Rock’n’Roll Brooklyn SpotHero Parking Page and book a spot with rates up to 50% off drive-up. Also check out the Javits Center SpotHero Parking Page to find parking near the Health & Fitness Expo.
All runners will enter the corrals via the security check point on Eastern Parkway, east of Grand Army Plaza and next to the Brooklyn Public Library
The subway is the easiest and most convenient way to make your way to the start line race morning. Trains run approximately every 5-15 minutes. However, please prepare for crowds on the early morning lines, and make note of modified service on race day, Saturday, October 14. To view a full subway map, visit the MTA website: http://web.mta.info/maps/submap.html
Due to track maintenance and other construction projects, there are many adjustments to the subway system. Please click on the links below for detailed information.
- Your race starts in front of the Brooklyn Museum at 7am. As such, we are recommending participants arrive 45 minutes to an hour before for security screening. Please note, the 2 and 3 trains will NOT go to or from Brooklyn on race day.
- If you’re taking the subway, use the 4, 5 or Q trains
- 4/5 train service: exit the Grand Army Plaza subway station:
- From Manhattan, participants and guests can take the 1 or 2 train to South Ferry, walk to the nearby Bowling Green Station and use the free out-of-system transfer to the 4 or 5 train. NOTE: the free transfer does not work for single-ride fare tickets, but does work for pay-per-ride cards (as well as unlimited ride cards)
- Q train service: exit the 7th Ave/Flatbush Ave subway station:
- Participants can take the Q from Manhattan or points in Brooklyn.
- There is a transfer at Times Square to the Q Train.
- 4/5 train service: exit the Grand Army Plaza subway station:
- Please note, the 2 and 3 trains will NOT be running to or from Brooklyn on race day.
- The race ends on Center Drive in Prospect Park, so you have the option of heading WEST or EAST through the Park for available subway lines:
- If heading WEST through the Park: Walk west on the path parallel to the Finish Line (on Center Drive), and exit the Park at 16th Street. Turn right to head north. Take the D (running on the F line) or G trains from the 15th St/Prospect Park subway station (located at Bartel-Pritchard Square).
- If heading EAST through the Park – OPTION 1: Walk east on Center Drive to East Drive. Turn left to head north and exit the Park at Grand Army Plaza. Proceed through the Farmers Market and take the 4 or 5 train from Grand Army Plaza (north end).
- If heading EAST through the Park – OPTION 2: Walk east on Center Drive to East Drive. Turn right and head south. Exit Prospect Park at East Lake Drive/Lincoln Road. Cross Ocean Ave and the train station will be on the left.
Click HERE to view all Road Closure Information
Before you enter your assigned corral, drop-off your pre-race/post-race clothing and belongings at the Gear Check. While you run, your gear will be held at Gear Check.
Each participant will receive a large, durable gear bag at the Health & Fitness Expo when you pick up your packet that will serve as your gear bag on race day. Gear Check trucks will be arranged alphabetically and by truck number near the Start Line. Attach your gear tag to your gear bag before you leave it with the Gear Check crew. After the race, reclaim your checked bag at the designated Gear Check area.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
In an effort to provide every one of our participants with as comfortable a run as possible, the Wave Start will be incorporated in most Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events.
Participants are assigned to an appropriate corral based on the projected finishing time submitted on their entry form. Typically, there are multiple waves assigned to several of the finishing times. All spectators should be aware of this when organizing their viewing schedule for the day.
- When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
- At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released.
- By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets. A cut-off location will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by this time will be stopped and shuttled to the finish line area. Please note – this is timing tag time, not gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line.
If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have a few options:
- Increase their pace to stay within the event minimum pace;
- Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required; or
- If the participant cannot continue, they may board a sag wagon to be dropped off at the next shuttle location, at a nearby medical station. The participant will be seen by a Medical Team captain to be cleared for the medical shuttle to transport the participant to the finish line.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth. Items from the start will be transported to the finish.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 3 pm will be trucked back to our San Diego office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact Competitor Group at 800-311-1255.
Click here for medical information.
2017 Course Support- Coming Soon
Race timing by Race Central using ChronoTrack systems will record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish. The ChronoTrack system uses a disposable tag, called a D-Tag, which allows you to walk away from the finish without the need to have your tag collected.
The ChronoTrack timing tag (D-Tag) will be attached to your race bib. The D-Tag will be labeled with a number that matches your race number. When you pick up your bib, please make sure these numbers match, and also verify that YOUR name is printed on the bib you are issued*. Proceed to the Solutions Table if any of the information is incorrect.
Prior to the race, you must remove the tag from your number and attach it to your shoe. Instructions for proper D-Tag placement can be found here.
PLEASE NOTE: All participants in this race must wear the ChronoTrack timing tag on your shoe in order to have their times recorded. No tag = no time!
*If you register for the race before online registration closes, your ChronoTrack timing tag should have your name printed on it.
Visit Race Central for more information.
RACE FOR FREE – BECOME A ST. JUDE HERO
Fundraise for St. Jude as a Hero and enjoy benefits that may include free airfare, lodging, Heroes Corral Start, Heroes Hospitality Passes, and more. (Open tabs below for benefits details.) For more information on St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital click here.
Experienced pacers will help you reach the finish line at your goal time. Pace Teams are FREE and open to all participants. Visit the Pace Team booth at the Expo to join a Pace Team. Pace groups offered include: 1:30, 1:35, 1:40, 1:45, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00
Runner Tracking lets your friends, family and fans know your progress on race day. Convenient texts keep them updated every step of the way. To sign up for FREE runner tracking compliments of Synchrony Financial, click here.
Simply enter your cell phone number, we will send you a text with your code and then follow the prompts to finalize set up.
Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter the Secure Zone, a fenced off area designated for participants only. In the Secure Zone, have your photo taken, refuel with water and refreshments and receive your finisher’s medal. Once you leave the Secure Zone, you cannot re-enter. Just outside of the Secure Zone, you can retrieve your gear bag and join family and friends for the Finish Line Festival.
After the race, reunite with family and friends in the Family Reunion area and relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments and live music at the finish line stage. With a large number of participants and thousands of excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that you designate a meet-up location for friends and family BEFORE the race in the Family Reunion area. The Family Reunion area will post tall, clearly-marked signs with letters, so be sure to coordinate and plan to meet at a predetermined letter of the alphabet.
Age Group Awards
Age group awards will be presented 3-deep in all divisions, for both the marathon (where applicable) and half marathon, for male and female categories. Top 3 overall male and females are excluded from the age-group awards and can only receive one prize. Awards will be mailed within 8 to 10 weeks of results being finalized. In accordance with USATF Rules, overall and cash awards will be determined by gun time while age group awards will be determined by your ChronoTrack time.