How To Register
Registering is easy! You may register for Carlsbad 5000 or Junior Carlsbad in two ways.
- Register Online
- Request an entry form by mail. Please contact us and we will be happy to mail a form to you. All registrations submitted by paper entry form will be charged an $8 Green Fee for processing. We do not accept phone entries.
Please enter only once. If you fax or register online, do not mail a hard copy. Do not send multiple faxes or online entries.
Don’t know if you have already registered for the 2017 Carlsbad 5000 or All Day 20K? Click here to confirm.
Don’t know if you have already registered for the 2017 Junior Carlsbad? Click here to confirm.
1-Mile and Junior Carlsbad Packet Pickup Information:
- Friday, March 31 (3pm to 6pm) Pre-Registration Party at Village Faire Plaza
- Saturday, April 1- (6:15am to 10:45am) The Village of Carlsbad, on Roosevelt between Carlsbad Village Drive and Grand Avenue.
Carlsbad 5000 (5K & All Day 20K) Packet Pickup Information:
- Saturday, April 1 (10am to 1pm) The Village of Carlsbad, on Roosevelt between Carlsbad Village Drive and Grand Avenue.
- Sunday, April 2 (6am to 11am) Harding St. between Carlsbad Village Drive and Grand Avenue
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or another Competitor Group event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Competitor Group events for three years.
- You must be at least 8 years old to participate in the 5K. You must be 12 years old to participate in the All Day 20K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of the 5K or 20K.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Directions to Events
*Please arrive one hour before your race to allow time to park and warm up.
To the Expo: Take I-5 to Carlsbad Village Drive, exit west. The Expo is on Roosevelt Street, between Grand Avenue and Carlsbad Village Drive.
To Race Day Registration: Race Day Registration is near on Harding Street, between Grand Avenue and Carlsbad Village Drive.
To the Start Line: The race starting line is located near the intersection of Jefferson Street and Grand Avenue (two blocks west of I-5 and one block north of Carlsbad Village Drive). Please enter the start line from Harding Street.
Parking & Transportation
Parking at the Event
Street parking is available throughout the Village of Carlsbad. We encourage participants to carpool and use the Tamarack, Las Flores, and Vista Way exits. In addition to street parking, there are also the following lots:
- Large parking lot on State Street just north of Grand Avenue
- Parking available within the Village Faire shopping center, just across the train tracks on Carlsbad Village Dr.
The information below is for the 2017 Carlsbad 5000 and Junior Carlsbad on April 1st and 2nd. Info on this page is subject to change.
- Course Map- More soon!
- Road Closure Grid- Details to be provided during the month of event.
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead. Expect Delays.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Carlsbad 5000 and Junior Carlsbad will bring more than 40,000 runners, walkers, spectators, family and friends to the City of Carlsbad April 1-2.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Residents of Carlsbad, CA. are encouraged to volunteer at the Health & Fitness Expo at the Village of Carlsbad, the start or finish, or line the course to cheer runners. Click here for more information.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 4:30am and 2:30 pm. The race begins at 7:00 am, and streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Local Business? Get Involved!
If you are a local business looking to reach our tens of thousands of runners, spectators and volunteers take advantage of our free “Show Your Bib” program. More information coming soon!
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth. Items from the start will be transported to the finish.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 1 pm will be trucked back to our San Diego office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact Competitor Group at 800-311-1255.
Click here for medical information.
State of the art ChronoTrack systems will be used to record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish. The ChronoTrack system uses a disposable tag, called a D Tag, which allows you to walk away from the finish without the need to have your tag collected.
The ChronoTrack timing tag (D Tag) will be attached to your race bib. The D Tag will be labeled with a number that matches your race number. When you pick up your bib, please make sure these numbers match, and also verify that YOUR name is printed on the bib you are issued*. Proceed to the Solutions Table if any of the information is incorrect.
Prior to the race, you must remove the tag from your number and attach it to your shoe. Please follow the instructions provided in your registration packet.
PLEASE NOTE: All participants in this race must wear the ChronoTrack timing tag on your shoe in order to have their times recorded. ChampionChip timing equipment will NOT be used at this race; ChampionChip timing chips will NOT record your time.
*If you register for the race before online registration closes, your ChronoTrack timing tag should have your name printed on it.
Visit chronotrack.com for more information.
Printable ChronoTrack systems instructions
Click here for charity information.
Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter the Secure Zone, a fenced off area designated for participants only. In the Secure Zone, have your photo taken, refuel with water and refreshments and receive your finisher’s medal. Once you leave the Secure Zone, you CANNOT re-enter. Just outside of the Secure Zone, you can retrieve your gear bag and join family and friends for the Finish Line Festival.
Age Group Awards
Age group awards will be presented 3-deep for the 5K distance, for male and female categories. Awards can be picked up at the Awards tent on Roosevelt as soon as the Results are posted.
Junior Carlsbad: Top 3 overall male and female from each age division will receive a plaque at the award stage following the conclusion of the final Junior Carlsbad race.
*No additional age group awards for the All Day 20K.