Spirit on the Course Competition
You’ve Got Spirit; We Want You!
Attention Cheer teams and Dance Squads: We need you! High school and middle school cheer and dance teams are invited to compete in the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Spirit on the Course competition near you! Cheer teams will line the course ready to encourage participants every step of the way. Costumes and themes are optional, smiles and enthusiasm are required. Cheer teams participating will not only be supporting the runners and walkers amazing efforts, but they will also be cheering to earn some money for their team!
Receive a Stipend Just for Participating!
All cheer teams will receive a stipend just for participating and additionally, the top 3 teams will win more cash*! Space fills fast- Get your applications in ASAP!
- 1st Place: $1,000
- 2nd Place: $750
- 3rd Place: $500
*Prize money will not be awarded in Denver due to state or city restrictions.
*Prize money/stipend structure varies for Brooklyn.
*Prize money will not be awarded in Savannah.
*The cash prize is inclusive of the stipend, not in addition too.
*Prior to the event all teams are required to turn in a release form for every cheerleader participating and one W-9 form. Teams will not be paid until both items are received. Teams who do not turn in their release forms before the event may not be judged in the competition. All checks will be made out to the school and sent to the coach’s/advisor’s attention.
Check out who took home the coveted Spirit on the Course title at the event near you.
- How is the stipend amount determined?
- Stipend amounts and determinations vary by market. Please contact us for specific questions on how your market’s stipends are determined. Locations are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Please note your course location requests in your online application
- How are teams judged?
- Teams are judged based on creativity, participation, and enthusiasm!
- Why is there no prize money in Denver, Savannah or Brooklyn?
- There is no prize money for the top three schools due to either city or local school rules that prohibit us from doing so.
- What Should Cheer Teams wear?
- If you are in season and school, city and state laws permit you to wear your uniform on the day of the event, please plan to wear your school uniform. If your team is out of season and does not have uniforms, or you are not permitted to wear them, we encourage you to create a fun theme and have fun with your outfits. Tie Dyes are always a hit and is a fun team bonding activity.
- Why is Las Vegas not listed?
- Due to the Las Vegas event being at night and for the safely of the teams we will not have cheerleaders on the course.