Runners kicked off the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon weekend with a picture-perfect 5K in Grant Park this morning. Women’s running pioneer, Kathrine Switzer, took part in the 3.1 mile race alongside her foundation 261 Fearless. Switzer was the first woman to officially run the Boston Marathon 50 years ago starting a movement to bring women into the sport of running. As for the winners, Austin Winter and Brigitte Girouard took the top spots in today’s race. Sunday plays host to the half marathon and 10K through downtown that will highlight some of Chicago’s best sites.
- Rise and Grind!
- 10 Reasons to Rock Chicago
- 2017 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Highlight Video
- Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Photo Gallery
- Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago 5K Photos
- 2017 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon Media Guide
- Race Weekend Info Center
- Spectator Guide
- Are You a Jaybird Lucky Finisher?
- Runner Perks