Runners kicked off the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon weekend with a picture-perfect 5K in Grant Park this morning. Women’s running pioneer, Kathrine Switzer, took part in the 3.1 mile race alongside her foundation 261 Fearless. Switzer was the first woman to officially run the Boston Marathon 50 years ago starting a movement to bring women into the sport of running. As for the winners, Austin Winter and Brigitte Girouard took the top spots in today’s race. Sunday plays host to the half marathon and 10K through downtown that will highlight some of Chicago’s best sites.
- 10 Reasons to Rock Chicago
- 2018 Finisher Medals & T-Shirts
- How to Fuel Your Marathon
- How to Raise $500 in One Week
- Meet St. Jude Patient Ryder
- Team Chocolate Milk Athlete, Bryon Solberg, Defying the Ordinary
- Happy Birthday to the King!
- Rock a BibRave Top 20 Half Marathon
- Rise and Grind!
- 2017 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Highlight Video