Information on this page is for the 2018 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon, 10k & 5k. All information provided on this page is subject to change. More information will be available in the coming weeks.
- Sunday Half Marathon and 10k Course Map*
- Saturday 5k Course*
- No Parking Zones*
- Road Closure Grid*
- Road Closure Brochure*
- Alternate Access to Museum Campus*
- Alternate Access to Monroe Harbor & Chicago Yacht Club*
- Alternate Access to Burnham Harbor*
- Alternate Access to South Loop, Near South Side, & Bronzeville*
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Use the free Waze App on your smart phone for point to point directions on race day around road closures!
Be Aware. Plan Ahead
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The 2018 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon, 10k & 5k will bring more than 18,000 runners and walkers to Chicago, in addition to tens of thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- There will be a 5k that will take place on Saturday, July 21!
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Chicago residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at McCormick Place, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 11:30 am. At 6:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. After the race starts at 6:15 am the streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the course map and road closure grid for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Road Closure Map
The below map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. Please click on the icons for information about road closure times and/or general access information.community contact form
Streets along the race route will be marked as “No Parking – Tow Away Zones.” Please adhere to the dates and times posted; all zones will be enforced. For a complete list of No Parking Zones, click here.
Local Business? Get Involved!
If you are a local business looking to reach our tens of thousands of runners, spectators and volunteers take advantage of our free “Runner Perks” program. Click here for more information!
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.