Here are the top 10 training tips to keep you in shape during the off season. Check out these helpful runner tips from Competitor.com, the Official Magazine of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series, that will help you set your goals for the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Dallas Half Marathon!
- Answer, “Why Do I Run?”
- “While answers to this question may range from, winning an Olympic medal to getting away from the hustle and bustle of your life, either way it is important to identify why you run.”
- Set Goals
- “One of my favorite coaches of all-time once said, “Your actions must be in line with your goals.” If the training program requires 2 hours of your time per day and you only have 90 minutes, it is not the right program for you…””
- Clean Up Your Diet
- “Learning more about hte best diet to fuel your graining is crucial to performance.”
- Educate Yourself
- “Never do a workout if your coach cannot explain the purpose of the workout.”
- Get Into A Rehab Routine
- “As runners, we are quick to buy recovery tools, but we’re the last to use them.”
For the full list of training tips and the complete article visit Competitor.com, here.