Spectators – Have A Plan On Race Day
On course, cheering is everything. Where do you want to see your friends and family on race day? Share with your friends and family all the great viewing areas on course. Check out the great locations for spectator viewing sites including Janus’ 3 grandstand stations open to the public.
The Janus Best Views Spectator Guide
Our title sponsor Janus is pleased to offer this detailed guide for spectators to help them get the most of race weekend. It’s full of information specifically for friends, family and supporters – including Expo and kids activities, race day parking, runner tracking, things to do in the area and other great tips.
Janus Best Views Bleacher Locations
Lincoln & 17th Street
29th Street & Zuni (10k Start Line/Relay Exchange)
14th & Broadway (Finish Line)
Spectator-Friendly Viewing Locations
Friends and family will have more opportunities with the redesign of the Janus Rock n Roll Denver marathon and ½ marathon course! Whether you post up at a band site, mingle with the cheerleaders, or create your own support section, you can easily see your runners at several different points on the course:
- SAME – Start & Finish Line: With a convenient looped course that starts and ends at Civic Center Park, you don’t have to traverse the city. Stay in one place to see your runner off at the start of the race and welcome them with open arms when they complete their 5K, 10K, 13.1 or 26.2 mile journey.
- Finish Line Features: Janus Grandstand seating-Cheer on the runners as they cross the finish line!
-Enjoy refreshments from local food trucks including Marley Coffee and Jamba Juice
- Mile 1.3 – Pepsi Center
- Mile 3.1 – Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium, home of the Denver Bronco’s
- Mile 4.0 – Meade & 19th Ave at scenic Sloan’s Lake
- Mile 8.5 – At the 10K Starting Line which becomes the Relay Exchange Zone in LoHi (great restaurants!)
- Mile 11.8 – At 20th St & Larimer St where you can see everyone near Coors Field!
- Mile 13.0 – At Lincoln & 14th Ave next to the finish and the State Capitol
- City Park is 2 miles east of the venue and easy cruise on a Denver B cycle for miles 15-17
- Washington Park is 2.5 miles south of the venue another easy cruise on the Cheery Creek trail to Downing to watch your marathon runners complete miles 21 – 24