Information for the 2017 Transamerica Rock ‘n’ Roll Denver Half Marathon, 10K and 5K is below. Information provided on this page is subject to change. More information will be available soon.
** THE CITY PARK ESPLANADE FRESH MARKET WILL BE OPEN ON RACE DAY. For fastest access between 9am and 12 noon – use northbound or southbound Colorado Blvd, and turn onto westbound Colfax Ave to approach the Farmer’s Market from the east.**
- Half Marathon & 10K Course Map*
- Saturday 5K Course Map*
- Road Closure Grid* – Coming Soon!
- Alternate Access Notes* – Coming Soon!
- Alternate Access Map* – Coming Soon!
- General Event Info* – Coming Soon!
- No Parking List* – Coming Soon!
- RTD Bus and Light Rail Detours*
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Use the free Waze App on your iphone for point to point directions on race day around road closures!
Be Aware. Plan Ahead
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Transamerica Rock ‘n’ Roll Denver Half Marathon, 10K and 5K will bring more than 12,000 runners and walkers to Denver, in addition to thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Denver residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo,, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect on Sunday between the hours of 6:15 am and 2:30 pm. At 6:15 am, police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. The half marathon & 10k will begin at 7:15 am, and the 5K will start at 9:00 am. The streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the Half Marathon Course Map, the Saturday 5k course map, and Road Closure Grid for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Interactive Road Closure Map
This interactive map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series community relations by completing the community contact form.
Public Transportation Information
RTD/ Light Rail Operations
Road closures along the Half Marathon route will impact RTD bus routes. There will only be minor delays to light rail service. For more detailed routing information, visit www.rtd-denver.com or call RTD Customer Service at 303.299.6000 or 1.800.366.RIDE (7433) or TDD at 303.299.6089.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. A complete list of No Park Zones will be available soon.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.