Spectators are a huge part of the racing experience – with so many people lining the streets, it is just as important for spectators to prepare for race day as it is for the athletes themselves. If you’re planning to watch and cheer for a runner, here are some tips that provide an optimal viewing experience.
Track your progress and help your friends & family time your finish with FREE Runner Tracking compliments of Synchrony Financial. Runner tracking is available for the half marathon distance only.
SPECTATOR-FRIENDLY VIEWING LOCATIONS
Friends and family will have more opportunities with the redesign of the Transamerica Rock n Roll Denver Half Marathon course! Whether you post up at a band site, mingle with the cheerleaders, or create your own support section, you can easily see your runners at several different points on the course:
HALF MARATHON/10K COURSE:
SAME – Start & Finish Line: With a convenient looped course that starts and ends at Civic Center Park, you don’t have to traverse the city. Stay in one place to see your runner off at the start of the race and welcome them with open arms when they complete their 13.1 and 6.2 mile journey.
- Mile 2.4 – Chopper Circle & 12th Street near Pepsi Center
- Mile 2.8 – Wewatta & 16th Street in front of Union Station
- Mile 3.8 – Blake Street & 20th Street at Coors Field
- Mile 5.8 – 17th Ave & Sherman at the course split for the 10k and half marathon course
- Mile 7.1 – 9.5 – Loop around City Park passing the Denver Zoo
- Miles 6-12 – Various streets connecting to 17th Ave until the finish line at Civic Center Park
- Finish Line – Denver Outlaw Cheerleaders will be cheering runners on as they make their way down the finish line on 14th Ave.
FAMILY REUNION AREA
After the race, reunite with runners in the Family Reunion area at the Finish Line Festival and relish in your runners’ post race accomplishment. With a large number of participants and thousands of excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that you designate a meet up location BEFORE the race. The Family Reunion area will have tall, clearly-marked signs by letter (A – Z), so be sure to coordinate and plan to meet at a pre-determined letter.