Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Register?
Registration is available online (if not sold out) for any of our events by visiting our Tour Stops page. Alternatively, you can contact us, and we will be happy to mail a form to you, if the event is not sold out. All registrations submitted by paper entry form will be charged a $15 Green Fee for processing. We do not accept phone entries.
What do I do if I cannot participate once I have registered?
All registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund. If you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your number to anyone else and entry fees will not be transferred from year to year.
Registration Confirmation- How do I know if I am registered?
You can confirm your registration by signing into your raceit.com account and viewing your current registrations. If you do not have a Race It account, please visit http://runrocknroll.com/, select the event/city of interest and then click on the yellow « Confirm Registration » button. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing of entry forms if you registered by paper entry form. Please Note: Final confirmation/information will be emailed to participants within 2 weeks before the event.
What if I did not receive a confirmation sheet?
You will be able to download your confirmation sheet from the race website within 2 weeks before the event. Please bring a printout of your confirmation sheet and a photo I.D. to the Health & Fitness Expo to pick up your race number and other items. Confirmation sheets are mandatory in order to claim your race number.
Can someone else pick up my race material?
All participants must pick up their own race materials. Photo I.D. is required. Race materials will not be mailed.
What do I receive with my registration?
Each registered participant and finisher will receive the following:
- Race number, official timing device, technical T-shirt and swag bag to be picked up at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Water, Sports Drink & Sport Gel along the course
- Refreshments and water at the start and finish lines
- Entertainment stages with live music and cheerleaders from start to finish
- Finisher’s medal when you cross the finish line
- Post Race Concert
- Downloadable finisher’s certificate post race
Predicted Finish Time- how do I change once I’m registered?
Before the event deadline: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, please email Customer Service and provide your request along with your first name, last name, new predicted finish time and the mailing address that you registered with.
After the event deadline: If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
**Race changes are only allowed up to 8 weeks prior to race day. Please visit our Event Timelines page for event specific deadlines
Switching from a LONGER distance to a SHORTER distance
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply show up to the half Marathon start line on race morning and your timing tag will reflect the change. You can visit the corral change table in the Check-In area of the Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in.
Switching from a SHORTER distance to a LONGER distance
- Before the event deadline: To upgrade from a shorter distance to a longer distance simply email this request along with your first name, last name and mailing address registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service. The early upgrade fee is $10 plus the cost difference between the desired distance’s current fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration. (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference)
- After the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a shorter distance to a longer distance, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your assigned race number and proceed to the “Solutions” table. You will be charged $10 plus the cost difference between the desired distance’s expo fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration. (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference)
We do not offer registration transfers from individual distances to the Relay or from the Relay to the individual distances.
ChronoTrack Timing System
The state of the art ChronoTrack systems will be used to record participants’ times at the start, on the course and at the finish. True race times will be recorded from start line to finish line.
The ChronoTrack system uses a disposable tag that allows you to walk away after the finish without the need to have your tag collected. Visit www.chronotrack.com for more information. The ChronoTrack Timing tag is located on the race number and is labeled with a number that matches the race number. Follow the instructions on attached to the tag to place the timing device securely on your shoe.
At the expo when you pick up your race number, please check that your race has your correct name, sex, age and ChronoTrack Timing tag number. Proceed to the solutions table if any of the information is incorrect.
ChampionChip Timing will NOT be used at Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events. Your ChampionChip timing chips will not record your time.
There will be port-a-potties at the start and finish lines as well as approximately every 2 miles along the course.
Minimum Age Requirement
You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon
Are bikes, rollerblades, or baby joggers allowed on the course?
No dogs, in-line skates, baby joggers, skateboards, or bikes will be allowed on any part of the course. This is for everyone’s safety!
Is the course walker friendly?
Most Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series courses are walker friendly. We just ask that all participants train in an effort to complete the course within the course time limit.
Is this event a Boston Marathon qualifying course?
All Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathons are certified courses and a “qualifier” for the Boston Marathon.
Is there a course time limit?
Yes, please view official course time limits on our Event Timelines Page.
Post Race Information
Awards- If I win an award, can I pick it up on race day?
All age group awards will be mailed to the top 3 finishers in each age group within 6-8 weeks after the event.
All finishers will be able to download their finisher’s certificate on the Results page of the race website within 5-7 days after the event.
What if my results are missing or inaccurate?
Please submit a results correction request and our timing company will look into your claim. Corrections will be updated on a weekly basis.
What if my Garmin is slightly more than the official race distance?
On race day, if the distance shown on your Forerunner is slightly more than the official race distance, it just means you weren’t cutting corners—quite literally. According to the IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federation) course measurement guidelines (pg. 20), a road race course is defined by the shortest possible route a runner could take without being disqualified.
For most races, a certified measurer rides the course on a bike, staying near the curb and taking every available tangent. This ensures that all runners will run at least the declared race distance. After the race, if Forerunner shows that you ran a little farther, this just accounts for extra steps you took to run around others participants, hit a water stop or stay to the middle or outside lane.
What if I lost a personal item at the Health & Fitness Expo or at the Start of Finish Line?
Lost items that were found and turned in will be returned to the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series office after the event. Please allow 1-2 weeks for transit time and inventory.
Call us at 1-800-311-1255 or email our Customer Service department to request your lost item. Please Note: The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series is not responsible for lost or stolen items.