Registration / Details
Start Time: 07:30 AM*
* Times subject to change
1500 N Broadwalk
Hollywood, FL 33019
Feeding South Florida’s mission is to end hunger in South Florida by providing immediate access to nutritious food, leading hunger and poverty advocacy efforts and transforming lives through innovative programming and education.
Tune Up for the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Series
Don’t forget about the rest of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series! It’s the rockin’ run with festival fun. Join in on the fun with a Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K or 5K!
Runner’s Depot – Aventura, 20335 Biscayne Blvd, Suite 11, Aventura, FL 33180
Thursday, November 2
Noon – 6:30pm
Runner’s Depot – Davie, 2233 S. University Drive, Davie, FL 33324
Friday, November 3
Noon – 6:30pm
Parking & Transportation
ATTENTION… PLEASE CARPOOL!! PARKING WILL BE LIMITED!
Parking is available at the following parking garages:
- 300 Connecticut St., Hollywood, FL 33019 (At Charnow Park event-site)
- Margaritaville, 1111 N Ocean Dr, Hollywood, FL 33019 (.25 miles from Charnow Park)
- Marriott Hollywood Beach, 2501 N Ocean Dr, Hollywood, FL 33019 (.25 miles from Charnow Park)
- Hollywood Beach Garage, 359 Harrison St, Hollywood, FL 33019 (.6miles from Charnow Park)
Post Race Concert by Hit the Slide Band
Composed of solid musicians with day jobs, Hit the Slide is a tight cover band that focuses on playing an eclectic mix of rock music spotlighting some great tunes from the 80’s.
Before hitting the ground running in the Humana 5K Tune Up Run Series, it’s important to remember to prepare your body physically and mentally for the race. As one of the nation’s leading health and well-being companies, Humana wants to keep you running down the right path all the way to a strong finish. Whether this is your first or your fifth 5K, here are some tips to help you reach the finish line without looking back:
· Find a training regimen that works for you and, most importantly, stick with it. Even if it means adjusting your training to adapt to your body’s response, as long as you keep moving, you’ll be ready to rock. This may even include training that incorporates less running and more walking.
· Hydration is KEY. Make an effort to keep your body hydrated. This means reaching for your water bottle even when you aren’t thirsty. This will ensure that your body’s fluids will be replenished, maximizing your performance and assisting with digestion.
· Remind yourself why. We run for different reasons, but what are your personal goals for running? Remind yourself why you’re running the race and visualize how good it will feel to reach the finish line and your goal!
· Take a deep breath. Proper breathing will keep you at ease during training and on the day of the run. Focus on your breathing while you run to maintain a good pace and heart rate.
So, don’t just get off the couch – jump off and get training for the Humana 5Ks! And be sure to share how you personally #rockyourhealth gearing up for the race, and inspire others to do the same.Download Training Plan
Come Rock a Free 5K! That’s right, Humana and the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series have teamed up to create a 5K Tune Up Run Series this fall that is 100% free. Locations include Atlanta (September 9th) and Hollywood Beach (November 4th). Each race will include all the things you love about Rock ‘n’ Roll; Bling, Music, and loads of Fun! Great things are ahead of you when your health is ready for them and Humana encourages you to #StartWithHealthy by running or walking a 5K. Click below for more details and register today.
For more information about the Humana Hollywood Beach 5K please email us at Linda Meyer, email@example.com.