November 3, 2017
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we have worked with our partners in Las Vegas to confirm the details for the Toyota Rock ‘n’ Roll Concert Series Headliner following the change of the Start Line for the marathon and half marathon.
The headliner concert will now take place at the Las Vegas Festival Grounds on Saturday night at 7:30pm, instead of Sunday before the marathon and half marathon.
WHEN: Saturday, November 11
- 4:30pm: Festival doors open
- 5:00pm: March Fourth performs
- 6:00pm: 5K starts
- 6:15pm: March Fourth performs
- 7:30pm: Goo Goo Dolls concert begins
- 8:45pm: Concert ends and festival closes
- Las Vegas Festival Grounds; Las Vegas Blvd. across from SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- 2594 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV
- Participants of all race distances (marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K), along with friends and family members, will be permitted to enter, free of charge
- Anyone entering the venue will have bags checked. All bags – whether participating in the 5K or not – must be equal in size or less than the Rock ‘n’ Roll gear check bags that you will pick up at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Food and beverages including Michelob ULTRA will be available for purchase
- Las Vegas Monorail is the recommended form of transportation to and from the concert. Take the Monorail to the SLS Las Vegas Hotel and Casino station, the northernmost stop on the Monorail. Las Vegas Festival Grounds is across the street from SLS Las Vegas.
- Limited, paid parking is available at nearby hotels on a first come first serve basis
October 27, 2017
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we have worked to confirm race weekend changes.
After consultation and review with our partners in Las Vegas, we have determined the new start line for the marathon and half marathon will remain on Las Vegas Blvd., but will be moved to the New York-New York Hotel & Casino, approximately one mile north of the previously planned Start Line.
There will be no changes to the start, course and finish of the 10K, and the 5K will remain at the same location as previously planned.
We will continue to update you via email, Facebook, and on our website as we confirm additional details including the final course map and the Toyota Headliner Concert.
Thank you for running with us and your continued support. For those participating in Las Vegas, we are very eager to host you.
October 13, 2017
After consultation and review with our partners in the city of Las Vegas, we have decided that the GEICO Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon & 1/2 will take place as scheduled on November 11-12, 2017. We are working closely with all appropriate local and federal law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of our runners, volunteers, and spectators in the Las Vegas area.
Now it is time to come together and show the world how strong the Rock ‘n’ Roll community is and support Las Vegas. Next month, you will be an important part of the Las Vegas community as we continue the tradition of running the Las Vegas Strip at Night.
While the event will proceed, there will be several changes to race weekend to ensure runner and spectator safety and an exceptional participant experience.
We are able to confirm the following at this time:
- All events including the Health & Fitness Expo, Saturday 5K and Sunday Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, and 10K will take place.
- The Marathon and 1/2 Marathon Start Line and Start Line Festival location will change but will still take place on the Las Vegas Strip.
- The Marathon and 1/2 Marathon course will be adjusted due to a new Start Line location (to be announced in the coming weeks).
- The 10K and 5K venue and courses will not change.
- The Health & Fitness Expo location will remain at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- We will continue to update you via email and on our website as we confirm details.
Thank you for running with us. We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas this November.