October 13, 2017
After consultation and review with our partners in the city of Las Vegas, we have decided that the GEICO Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon & 1/2 will take place as scheduled on November 11-12, 2017. We are working closely with all appropriate local and federal law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of our runners, volunteers, and spectators in the Las Vegas area.
Now it is time to come together and show the world how strong the Rock ‘n’ Roll community is and support Las Vegas. Next month, you will be an important part of the Las Vegas community as we continue the tradition of running the Las Vegas Strip at Night.
While the event will proceed, there will be several changes to race weekend to ensure runner and spectator safety and an exceptional participant experience.
We are able to confirm the following at this time:
- All events including the Health & Fitness Expo, Saturday 5K and Sunday Marathon, ½ Marathon, and 10K will take place.
- The Marathon and ½ Marathon Start Line and Start Line Festival location will change but will still take place on the Las Vegas Strip.
- The Marathon and ½ Marathon course will be adjusted due to a new Start Line location (to be announced in the coming weeks).
- The 10K and 5K venue and courses will not change.
- The Health & Fitness Expo location will remain at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
We will continue to update you via email and on our website as we confirm details.
Thank you for running with us. We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas this November. If you have any questions, please contact us here.
October 2, 2017
It is with shock and great sadness to learn of the tragedy that took place in Las Vegas on Sunday night. Our hearts and thoughts are with the victims, their families, and all of those affected. Out of respect for those impacted, including all our local partners at the City of Las Vegas, Clark County, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, and other first responder personnel, we will be waiting to provide any additional comment as it relates to our upcoming marathon. At the appropriate time, we will re-engage in a critical dialog with government agencies and law enforcement officials in Las Vegas to ensure that we are able to deliver a safe experience for our participants.