How To Register
Registrations for the Rock ‘n’ Roll EDP Lisbon Marathon, Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Stantander Totta RTP and EDP Mini Maratona online. Click here to start the registration.
All registered participants have to collect their Race Bibs and Runners Swag Bag at the Sport Expo – Sports and Leisure Fair, which is located at the Parque das Nações, Pavilhão de Portugal da Expo 98, Alameda dos Oceanos, 1990 Lisboa.
- Expo Day 1: Thursday, October 12, 10:00am to 8:00pm
- Expo Day 2: Friday, October 13, 10:00am to 8:00pm
- Expo Day 3: Saturday, October 14, 10:00am to 8:00pm
Under no circumstances can race bibs be collected on the day of the race.
To collect the Race Number, runners must present an OFFICIAL ID WITH PHOTO along with the confirmation DOCUMENT THAT STATES YOUR RACE NUMBER.
If you are unable to come collect the race bib during the stated days, someone else can collect it for you, presenting a photocopy of your ID with the DOCUMENT THAT STATES YOUR RACE NUMBER. There is no race day pick up, even for emergencies so please plan ahead.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or another Competitor Group event.
- The registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The registration is valid only for the current year and event.
- The sale, resale, or gifting of the individual entries, will lead to the exclusion from the Competitor group events for 3 years.
- The Organization will be rigorous about the time limits: 3 hours for the Mini and Half Marathon, and 6 hours for the Marathon. After these periods, the athletes will have to leave the roadways and take the sidewalks. This is an official provision in accordance to the police authorities responsible for road traffic in the area of greater Lisbon.
- Only athletes with an official bib number will be able to line up at the starting line.
- By registering for the event, the participant implicitly affirms that they are in good physical and psychological condition to compete in the race.
The complete official race rules are available below:
Parking & Transportation
- Trains: CP Lisboa on the Sintra, Cascais, Azambuja and Sado lines.
- Coaches: CARRIS.
- The Lisbon Metro.
- The TRANSPORTES SUL DO TEJO.
The Marathon starts at 8:00AM at the Cascais Hippodrome, Cascais, Portugal
The best option for Marathon athletes get to the starting line (Cascais) is via the the CP trains, which depart from any station on the Cascais Line (See Timetables – Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) and arrive at the Cascais terminal station. The trains are free for runners carrying their bibs. There will be additional trains departing from Cais do Sodré at 6:40 AM and 6:50 AM.
Please plan to arrive to the starting area no later than 7:30. There will be gear check available only to Marathon runners. You must use the bag from the race kit given to you when you pick up your bib at SportExpo.
There is no Metro line that goes to Cascais.
Half and Mini Marathon
The Half and Mini Marathon start at 10:30AM, from the Vasco da Gama Bridge.
ALL PARTICIPANTS must use the shuttle transport service to the starting line, which is located on the Vasco da Gama bridge. The journey lasts approximately 20 minutes. This is the only way to get to the race start. The shuttles are located in the area between the Vasco da Gama Shopping Centre and the Gare do Oriente Station, are free, and are available between 7:30 and 9:00 AM.
Parque das Nações can be reached via the Oriente Metro Stop and Train Station, on the red metro line. You can reach Lisbon via the CP trains or CARRIS and TST buses, which are free for runners carrying their bibs, and have extended service from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
Lisbon Metro stations, on race day, between 06:30 and 19:00, are free on presentation of participation bib. For this purpose participants must refer to Metro station staff, or use the help point, with the exception of the Oriente station, which will have an open channel.