How To Register
Registering is easy! You may register for any Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon in two ways.
- Register Online
- Request an entry form by mail. Please contact us and we will be happy to mail a form to you. All registrations submitted by paper entry form will be charged a £15 Green Fee for processing. We do not accept phone entries.
Please enter only once. If you fax or register online, do not mail a hard copy. Do not send multiple faxes or online entries.
Don’t know if you are registered for the 2018 Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool Marathon & 1/2 Marathon? Click here to confirm.
Personalize Your Bib
Enter before the event deadline of 15th April, and you have the option, during registration, of choosing what is printed on your race bib*!
*Maximum of 20 characters, if left blank your first name will be printed.
Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K Race Packs
- Will be mailed to all UK residents who register before 15 April and choose to have their packet posted.
- All International runners who register after 15 April will need to pick up their race packs during at packet pickup on 18-19 May.
- There is no packet pickup on race day for the Marathon or Half Marathon.
- Packet pick up will also be available for 5K runners on Saturday morning.
If you are an International participant or have registered after 15 April you must collect your Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool Marathon or Half Marathon Race Info Pack from the Expo on Friday or Saturday. You will not be able to participate without it as it includes your race number, and vital information for race day.
In order to collect your race number at Packet Pick up, you MUST bring your Confirmation Sheet and Photo ID to Packet Pick-up in order to receive your race number and timing tag that is affixed to the race number. We cannot allow anyone else to pickup your packet for you.
Mile Fun Run – 100% Packet Pick Up. No packs for these races will be posted out.
- Mile Fun Run can pick up numbers at the Expo on Friday and Saturday.
- On race day, packet pick up will be available for Mile Fun Runner only starting at 9:00am.
**For any UK residents that registered before 15 April and do not receive their packet by post as planned before Tuesday, 15 May, please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or attend Packet Pick at the Expo and our customer service team will get you sorted.
Changing Race Distances
Switching from a LONGER distance to a SHORTER distance
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, please pick up your assigned race number at Packet Pickup and proceed to the Solutions Desk and we would be happy to assist you! For those who have chosen to have their Race Packets posted, please visit us at the Solutions Marquee on race morning to make this change. We will be open 90 minutes before the first race begins!
Switching from a SHORTER distance to a LONGER distance
- Before the event deadline: To upgrade from a shorter distance to a longer distance simply email this request along with your first name, last name and mailing address registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service. The early upgrade fee is the cost difference between the desired distance’s current fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration. (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference)
- After the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a shorter distance to a longer distance, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at Packet Pickup. Please pick up your assigned race number and proceed to the Solutions Desk. You will be charged the cost difference between the desired distance’s fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration. (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference). For those who have chosen to have their Race Packets posted, please visit us at the Solutions Marquee on race morning to make this change. We will be open 90 minutes before the first race begins!
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying levels. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, with other participants of similar running pace.
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the RunFit Expo and then proceed to the “Solutions” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or another Competitor Group event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Competitor Group events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 17 years old to participate in the Half Marathon. You must be 11 years old to participate in the 5K. There is no minimum age for the 1 mile fun run.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Marathon or Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Running & Endurance Show.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Parking & Transportation
Full information relating to the 2017 road closure plans can be found HERE
Before you enter your assigned corral, drop-off your pre-race/post-race clothing and belongings at the Baggage Check. While you run, your personal items will be held at Baggage Check.
You may leave a small bag at the Baggage Area (or ‘Gear Check’ as we call it in America) during the race. This is situated inside the Echo Arena. You may use a small bag of your own. The maximum size for bags is 50cm x 30cm x 20cm. This is smaller than an airline cabin bag – the size of a small backpack – larger bags will not be accepted.
On race morning, please affix your baggage check tag (on the bottom portion of your race number) to your bag with the tie provided, before leaving it at the Baggage Area. Baggage will be open from 7:30am until 4:30pm. Please reclaim your bag by 4:30pm on race day.
Please DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewellery in your bag. The event is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
In an effort to provide every one of our participants with as comfortable a run as possible, a Wave Start will be incorporated in most Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events.
Participants are assigned to an appropriate corral based on the projected finishing time submitted on their entry form. Typically, there are multiple waves assigned to several of the finishing times. All spectators should be aware of this when organizing their viewing schedule for the day.
- When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
- At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released.
- By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets. A cut-off location will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by this time will be stopped and shuttled to the finish line area. Please note – this is timing tag time, not gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line.
If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have a few options:
- Increase their pace to stay within the event minimum pace;
- Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required; or
- If the participant cannot continue, they may board a sag wagon to be dropped off at the next shuttle location, at a nearby medical station. The participant will be seen by a Medical Team captain to be cleared for the medical shuttle to transport the participant to the finish line.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth. Items from the start will be transported to the finish.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 3 pm will be sent back to our office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact Competitor Group at email@example.com.
There are 11 hydration stations on the marathon course and 5 on the half marathon course.
All have bottled water, some have Lucozade sport drink and some have carb gels.
Toilets are available at every hydration station.
There are 9 First aid stations around the course – some of which are passed twice at different stages in the race.
Pace groups offered include:
Marathon – 3:15, 3:30, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45, 5:00, 5:15, 5:30
Half Marathon – 1:45, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30; 2:45
MyLaps Bib Tag
You will use the MYLAPS BibTag for the electronic registration of your time. On the back of your race number you can find a chip (the tag) and a foam pad. Please read the following instructions to receive your correct time after the race.
Tips to guarantee your correct BibTag timing:
- Place the race number on the center of the chest so everyone can see your number. Don’t cover this number with a jacket or with your hands/arms when you run over the timing mats. Please pay attention when you use a (stop)watch on the start and finish mats.
- Never fold or damage this number. Especially on the location of the BibTag.
- Use four (4) safety pins on the corners of the number. Do not damage or perforate the BibTag.
- Do not remove the foam pad on the BibTag.
- If you own a personal MYLAPS ChampionChip, you can leave it on your shoe. It will not influence your BibTag timing.
After the race you can take the race number (including BibTag) as a memory or souvenir, or you can throw it away at the normal rubbish collection (plastic).
Involving charities is an important part of what we do. Our US charity partners have raised over $330 million for their respective causes through Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events, since its inception in 1998.
If you are interested in becoming an Official Charity Partner at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool Marathon & 1/2 Marathon, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter the Secure Zone, a fenced off area designated for participants only. In the Secure Zone, have your photo taken, refuel with water and refreshments and receive your finisher’s medal. Once you leave the Secure Zone, you cannot re-enter. Just outside of the Secure Zone, you can retrieve your bag from baggage check and join family and friends for the Finish Line Festival.
Official Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool finisher medals are presented to runners in each race, Marathon, Half Marathon, 5k and 1 Mile Fun Run after they cross the finish line. There is a unique medal for each distance.
Take the Remix Challenge – In addition to finisher medals, runners who participating in both the Saturday 5K and one of Sunday races will receive a third medal – Remix Challenge Medal. Collect the Remix Medal after you complete the Sunday distance at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series booth in the Finish Festival.
World Rocker Medal – 2018 Marathon and Half Marathon finishers are also eligible to earn the World Rocker medal. Complete a Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon or Half Marathon in any two countries in 2018 to earn this keepsake.
Prize money will be offered to the overall male and female winners in the marathon and half marathon, as well as first place male and female Masters winners in each race. Prize money is awarded according to Gun Time.
See prize money details here.