Information below is in regards to road closures for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, 1-Mile and 5K follows. All information is subject to change.
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool marathon continues to go from strength to strength, attracting thousands of visitors to experience the sights, sounds and atmosphere of Liverpool. We realize that this may cause some inconvenience to residents and businesses. We have produced detailed traffic management plans that allow the city to keep moving, to ensure customers and staff can get to businesses and provide access routes to residents.
Closures and diversions are in place but most places around the course are accessible. Please do plan ahead and allow plenty of time for your journey.
Please read through the information below and check the maps. If these do not answer your questions please contact us by email or phone on the details at the bottom of this page.
Your understanding is greatly appreciated by the event organizers and runners alike.
Schedule of Events
May 19, 2018
5K race around the Echo Arena, Mariner’s Wharf, Albert Dock, Pierhead
Temporary road closures from around 8:00am are in place as shown on Area E map below
May 20, 2018
Half Marathon: 9:00-13:00.
Starting at Albert dock, passing through city centre before heading south to Sefton Park and back along the Promenade to finish at the Echo Arena.
Starting at Albert dock, passing through city centre, then north around the football stadiums, before heading south to Sefton Park and back along the Promenade to finish at the Echo Arena
A one mile fun run starting at Albert Dock, running around Pierhead and returning to finish at Albert Dock.
Temporary closures will be in place from 12:30-13:30
Diversion and access routes for all of the above are shown in the maps and descriptions on the documents and course map below.
- Course Map
- Citywide Diversion routes
- Road Closure Notice including Mile-by-Mile Road Closure Descriptions
- Local Area Diversions:
- Area A – City Centre
- Area B – Churchill Way – New Islington
- Area C – Shaw Street, Netherfield Road, St Domingo Road, Everton Road
- Area D – Walton Lane, Stanley Park, Football stadiums
- Area E – Waterfront on Saturday May 27
- Area F – Wapping, Parliament Street, Park Lane, Princes Road
- Area G – Princes Park, Ullet Road, Aigburth Drive, Sefton Park (west)
- Area H – Croxteth Drive, Greenbank Lane, Penny Lane, North Mossley Hill Road, Sefton Park
- Area I – Aigburth Vale to Holmefield Road, North Sudley Road
- Area J – Brunswick Business Park, Riverside Drive
- Area K – Mariners Wharf, Sefton Street, Coburg Wharf
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Road Closure Map
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool community relations team by emailing communityrelationsLIV@competitorgroup.com.
For More Information
If your questions are not answered by the information provided above please contact us at communityrelationsLIV@competitorgroup.com, or by phone: 0800 061 4925