Race day is just around the corner and we wanted to make you aware of some changes to race day.
- Start Time: In an effort to have city roads opened earlier to allow for the many events taking place in Downtown LA, the start time of the race will now be at6:45am. Please arrive early; corrals will close at 6:55am and no runner will be able to start the race after 7am
- Time Limit: The course time limit has changed to 3 hours and 30 minutes(or a 16 minute per mile pace). You registered with a predicted finish time under 3:30 and will need to maintain a 16 minute per mile pace or faster. If your pace falls below the course time limit, you have the following options:
- Increase your pace to stay within the event minimum pace
- Board a “Sag Wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where you may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required
- Or depending on where you are on course, you may be diverted
- Course Diversions: Due to the new course time limit, we will have two diversion points on course:
- At mile 1.7. If you do not make it to mile 1.7 by 7:30am (approximately 30 minutes after the last runner starts), you will be rerouted, cutting approximately 2.2 miles from the course
- At mile 8.6. If you do not make it to mile 8.6 prior to 9:54am, you will be rerouted, cutting approximately 2 miles from the course
We worked diligently to confirm the best possible course in Downtown LA and understand some of the above information is different than when you registered. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We are very excited to ROCK with you in LA and will have plenty of music, entertainment, cheerleaders, pace groups, and staff on course cheering you on and helping you cross the finish line in your goal time!
Thank you for choosing to run with us. We look forward to seeing you on October 30!