- Date: April 22rd, 2018
- START 10K: 8:30 am
- START HANDBIKES AND WHEELCHAIRS: 08:50 am
- START ELITE ½ MARATHON: 08:55 am
- START ELITE MARATHON: 09:00 am
- START POPULAR MARATHON Y ½ MARATHON: 09:05 am
- Location of 42K: Pº de la Castellana between Ortega and Gassett and Marqués de Villamagna.
Location of the 10K: Glorieta de Emilio Castelar.
- Course: See Course.
- Participants limit-Marathon: 15,000
- Participants limit- 1/2 Marathon: 15,000
- Participants limit-10k: 7,000
- Time limit-Marathon: 6 hours
- Time limit-1/2 Marathon: 3 hours
- Time limit-10k: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- You must be at least 18 years old to run in the Marathon, 1/2 Marathon and 10K.
- You must healthy and able to participate in the challenge of the Marathon, 1/2 Marathon and 10K. The organization advises a medical checkup.
- If you need to change the distance of the marathon, 1/2 marathon or 10K*, you must send an email with your request before April 1. The IAAF requires specific bibs are assigned for each distance and gender. You will be disqualified if you run with a bib for another distance or other sex. You will not receive a refund for your registration if you request a change of distance.
- In the registration process the organization asks for your shirt size. Please make sure to choose your shirt size correctly because, once registration has been formalized, no change of size are allowed in any case. Click here for detailed sizing of shirt.
* If remaining entries available in these distances
How To Register
Sign up for EDP Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon & ½ Madrid is easy! Just choose the distance at which you want to participate and REGISTER ONLINE.
Personalize Your Bib
All those registered prior to March 31, 2018 will carry the name provided in the process of registration in the field “Bib Personalization”.
Everyone registered for the EDP Rock ‘n’ Roll Madrid Marathon & ½ have to collect their Race Bibs and swag Bags at the EXPODEPOR – Sports Expo. To collect the Race Bib runners must present an OFFICIAL ID WITH PHOTO along with the DOCUMENT THAT STATES YOUR RACE NUMBER.
- Place: Pavillion 12 IFEMA (check map)
- Date: 20 and 21 April 2018
- Friday from 10:00 h to 20:00 h
- Saturday from 10:00 h to 20:00 h
- Entry: Free
If you are unable to come collect the race bib during the stated days, someone else can collect it for you, presenting a photocopy of your ID with the DOCUMENT THAT STATES YOUR RACE NUMBER.
*Under no circumstances can race bibs be collected on the day of the race.
It is possible to change the distance as long as places are available until the April 1, 2018. Visit your account on Active https://myevents.active.com to initiate a change in distance. If changing to a longer distance, the participant must pay the corresponding difference in the entry fee; if changing to a shorter distance, the organiser will not refund the corresponding difference in entry fee. The price-difference is always calculated on the currently valid entry fee and there is an additional 8% Active Fee on it.
The corral system allows for the start line to be organized by participants distinct times. Based on the expected finishing time provided during the registration process, a race bib will be assigned that is valid for the corral that corresponds to said time.
- To change to a slower corral, simply move back to this corral on the day of the race. This is all that is required.
- If your training has gone better than expected and you want to move to a quicker corral, collect your Race Bib in the Expodepor – Sports Expo and go to the ”Corral Changes” stand to change to the appropriate corral. IMPORTANT: To do this, it is necessary to show a diploma or official classification from another race where the new time was achieved.
- Registrations are 50% refundable when you present a medical note indicating that you suffer an injury that prevents participation in the trial. The medical note should be sent to the organization before March 31, 2018. If it is not sent before this date to the organization even though the fall report is before this date, you will not be refunded any amount.
- The medical note will be sent to the organization by fax (913640313 / 914479411), e-mail (email@example.com) or in person at the customer service office in C/ Donoso Cortés, 54 (Madrid) along with writing from the broker indicating the bank details for the correct return of 50 % of the full amount. In the event that you prefer to change your registration information to another runner instead of receiving the 50% refund, you must send a letter with the medical note authorizing this change along with the information of the new runner. The letter must be accompanied with the IDs of both people (the injured and the new runner) and a signature from both parties.
- It is the injured runner’s obligation to confirm the organization’s reception of the medical note.
- Changes or refunds that have not followed this procedure will not be accepted.
- Registration fees are non-refundable or transferable. No exception.
- Once we receive and process your registration, you will not receive a refund in the case that you cannot participate. You cannot sell your race bib to a third party or transfer your registration to future editions of this race.
- If you try to sell your race bib you will not be allowed to enter future races of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series during the next three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon, half marathon AND 10K distances.
- You must be in good physical condition to be able to participate in any of the three distances.
- It is compulsory that the race bib be visibly worn, not altered and placed in the center of the chest. Any other way and the runner will be disqualified.
- The following cannot participate in any of the distances: Bicycles, motorbikes, motorized vehicles (Fossil fuel and Natural), skates, strollers, buggies, animals, etc.
Parking & Transportation
- Metro: The Madrid Metro system (Similar to the Subway and Tube) is one of the best in Europe and is the quickest way to get anywhere in the city. The Madrid Metro Network is agile, safe and fast. For more information: http://www.metromadrid.es/
- The closest Metro station to the start line : Colón
- The closest Metro station to the Finish Line: Atocha
- The closest Metro station to Expodepor- sports Expo: (Campo de las Naciones)
- BUS: To complete your way of getting around Madrid, you can also use the bus. Its extensive network of transportation will enable you to go anywhere in the city and its outskirts in a very short time. For more information: http://www.emtmadrid.es
- The Bus stop closest to the start line: 1,2,9,14,15,20,27,34,37,45,51,52,53,74,146,203
- The Bus Stop closest to the Finish Line: 2,10,14,19,20,26,28,32,63,152,C1,C2
- The Bus Stop closest to Expodepor- sports Expo: 112, 122, 828
If you need to leave personal items for after the race, you may choose to use our baggage check service. NEW – Baggage drop off and pick up is near the finish line. Click here to learn about everything related to the baggage/gear check service.
To ensure that the roads will open to traffic properly and on time, the following time limits on the races have been established:
- Marathon: 6 Hours
- ½ Marathon: 3 Hours
- 10k: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
The medical services of the EDP Rock ‘n’ Roll Madrid Maratón & ½ offered to you during all the races is an integral service to ensure you run the safest way. With the deployment of services by the SAMUR, along with volunteers from our services deployed around the course and in the finish zone, you will have a safe and rewarding experience
- Medical Assistance on course
- Health Assistance from Skates
- Physiotherapy service in the Finish Line (for runners of the ½ Marathon & Marathon)
- Podiatry service in the Finish Line (For runners of the ½ Marathon & Marathon)
- SAMUR Field Hospital in the Finish Line Zone
On the course and in the finish line zone there will be different support stations where runners can hydrate with water or a POWERADE isotonic drink and eat solid foods as well such as fruit.
FRUIT ALONG THE COURSE
Within the Rock´n´Roll EDP Madrid Marathon & ½ are aid stations that will provide fruit to all those requiring extra energy. It is important to put the trash remains in different containers ready for such use: remember, never on the floor! Stepping on these remains could cause a runner to slip and hurt themselves or others.
During the EDP Rock ‘n’ Roll Madrid Marathon & ½ you will use the bibs “MYLAPS BibTag” for comprehensive monitoring of your time. On the back of your Race Bib you can find a chip (Tag) and a foam pad. Please read the instructions below so that your time is taken correctly after the race.
Tips to ensure that the chip controls your time correctly:
- Put the Race bib on your chest so that your number is visible to everyone. Do not cover your number with a jacket or with your hands when you are crossing the timing mats. By Please pay attention when you use a clock on the timing mats at the Start and Finish Line.
- Never make copies of or damage the number. Especially where the BibTag is.
- Use the four safety pins in the corners of your Race Bib. Don’t damage or puncture the BibTag.
- Do not remove the foam pad on the BibTag
- If you have your own MYLAPS ChampionChip, you can leave it in your shoe. It will not influence your BibTag time.
Each race will have pacers with Balloons marked with different finishing times of the race. According to their time they will be placed in different corrals at the start line, always being visible for runners that want to follow the pace that is marked on the balloon.
Pacers Finishing Times:
- Marathon: 3h/3h 15 min/ 3h 30 min/ 3h 45 min/4h/4h 15 min/4h 30 min/5h
- ½ Marathon: 1h 30 min/1h 40 min/1h 50 min/2h
- 10K: 40 min/45 min/50 min/55 min/1h
Once you have crossed the finish line, you will enter the secure zone, a closed off area designated exclusively for participants. In the secure zone you can take photos, hydrate with water, consume refreshments and receive your well deserved Finisher Medal. Once you have left the secure zone, you cannot re-enter. The medical services will be available to help you, even with a massage after the race. After the secure zone you can collect your bag from Gear Check.