Yes – to keep an accurate database of our Heavy Medalists, we need you to enroll in the program each year. Thank you!
Check out the 2017 designs and stay tuned for the 2018 line up!
The Heavy Medal program is FREE for participants who are in it for the long haul. Complete two or more Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series marathons or half marathons in a calendar year to collect bonus bling! The more you run, the more you earn!
Stay tuned for the 2018 Heavy Medal Program coming soon!
About Heavy Medals
Rock the Tour and earn more bling when you finish two or more Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events in a single calendar year (Jan-Dec 2017). Earn multiple Heavy Medals in one year by completing additional events!
How To Qualify
- Enroll as an official Heavy Medalist
- Complete two or more 2017 Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series Tour Stops – only half and full marathon distances count toward your Heavy Medals total
- Receive your Heavy Medals in the mail 8-10 weeks after your qualifying event
- Once you reach Roadie status (5+), you’ll receive an e-mail invitation the week of the event to pick up your medal at the finish line*
(*all medals earned at an event outside of the United States and Canada will be mailed unless stated otherwise prior to the event)
Tips For The Journey
- Heavy Medals will only be awarded to participants who enroll as official Heavy Medalists. Sign up using a RaceIt.com account to make Rock ‘n’ Roll event registration easy.
- Register using the same first and last name, and date of birth for all events. If your records don’t match, you won’t get a medal!
- Enroll in the Heavy Medals program using an address where you can receive mail. Medals will be mailed to the address listed on your Heavy Medals enrollment. Think yours is old? Send an address update request, and be sure to update your RaceIt.com profile for the future.
- You must have a time posted on the official Results to get credit for an event. If you have an issue with your results, please fill out a Results Correction Request within 30 days of the event.
- Still have a question? It may already be answered – check out the Heavy Medals FAQ
General Heavy Medals Questions
Only half marathon or marathon events count for Heavy Medals qualifications. Relay, 10k, 5K, and other ancillary event distances do not count toward earning Heavy Medals.
Once you have enrolled as an official Heavy Medalist, you will receive a Heavy Medal for completing two or more qualifying Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events. As you complete additional events, you will qualify for additional medals.
Yes! Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events outside of North America will count towards your Heavy Medals total. Due to customs and other logistics, all medals earned at events outside of the United States and Canada will be mailed unless stated otherwise prior to the event (even Roadie and greater).
In order to receive Heavy Medals, you must enroll as an official Heavy Medalist. Make sure your address and information is current; medals will be sent to the address used on your Heavy Medals enrollment.
When you register for Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events, you have the option to create an account through RaceIt.com. To ensure you information is consistent between registrations, we strongly recommend you use an account during registration. However, it is not necessary to use a RaceIt.com account.
Yes – as long as you are enrolled as an official Heavy Medalist. Make sure to use the same name and date of birth for each registration. Be mindful of hyphens, abbreviations and spelling. If you have two registrations with different information, we will not be able to match your race completions and things will get confusing quickly.
Yes, but make sure to use the same name and date of birth. Be mindful of hyphens, abbreviations and spelling. If you have two registrations with different information, our awards system probably won’t send you anything shiny.
Yes, you may register for Heavy Medals at any time during the year. We will begin to send you medals after your next qualifying event. If you would like to request a previous medal, please contact us.
Heavy Medals Not Received
- You are not enrolled as an official Heavy Medalist
- The mailing address listed on your Heavy Medals enrollment is incorrect or out-of-date
- Your name or date of birth differed between registrations
- You didn’t complete the half or full marathon distance
- The finishing time for one of your races wasn’t recorded properly
- Not sure the problem? Contact us and we’ll help you figure it out.
Terms & Conditions
Competitor Group, Inc. reserves the right to change the qualification, terms, award designs, and artwork presented here at any time.