Yes – to keep an accurate database of our Heavy Medalists, we need you to enroll in the program each year. Thank you!
The 2018 Heavy Medal Program is here with more perks!
The Heavy Medal program is FREE for participants who are in it for the long haul. Complete two or more Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series marathons or half marathons in a calendar year to collect bonus bling and perks like a personalized credential, hoodie, VIP package and more! We encourage participants to register for the Heavy Medals Program prior to their event completion.
Enroll by November 12, 2018 at 11:59PM (PT) for the 2018 program. Check out all the perks below.
Heavy Medal Perks
We’re bringing you more perks in 2018!
That’s right, the more you run, the more you earn. When you get to each milestone you earn more perks!
*Extra beer available in select markets. Las Vegas not included.
About Heavy Medals
Rock the Tour and earn more bling when you finish two or more Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events in a single calendar year (Jan-Dec 2018). Earn multiple Heavy Medals in one year by completing additional events!
How To Qualify
- Enroll as an official Heavy Medalist
- Complete two or more 2018 Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series Tour Stops – only half and full marathon distances count toward your Heavy Medals total
- Receive Heavy Medals 2-4 in the mail 8-10 weeks after your qualifying event*
- Once you reach Roadie status (5+), you’ll receive an e-mail invitation the week of the event to pick up your medal at the finish line*
(*all medals earned at an event outside of the United States and Canada will be mailed unless stated otherwise prior to the event)
Tips For The Journey
- Heavy Medals will only be awarded to participants who enroll as official Heavy Medalists. Sign up using a Active.com account to make Rock ‘n’ Roll event registration easy.
- Register using the same first and last name, and date of birth for all events. If your records don’t match, you won’t get a medal!
- Enroll in the Heavy Medals program using an address where you can receive mail. Medals will be mailed to the address listed on your Heavy Medals enrollment on your Active.com Profile. Be sure that your Active.com Profile remains updated throughout the season.
- You must have a time posted on the official Results to get credit for an event. If you have an issue with your results, please fill out a Results Correction Request within 30 days of the event.
- Still have a question? It may already be answered – check out the Heavy Medals FAQ
General Heavy Medals Questions
Only half marathon or marathon events count for Heavy Medals qualifications. Relay, 10K, 5K, and other ancillary event distances do not count toward earning Heavy Medals.
Yes! Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events outside of North America will count towards your Heavy Medals total. Due to customs and other logistics, all medals earned at events outside of the United States and Canada will be mailed unless stated otherwise prior to the event (even Roadie and greater).
Once you have enrolled as an official Heavy Medalist, you can start receiving a Heavy Medal for completing two or more qualifying Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events.
Yes, you can enroll into the program up until the deadline when enrollment ends. Make sure your address and information are current; medals will be sent to the address used on your Heavy Medals enrollment.
No – if you registered for the Heavy Medals Program after you have already completed multiple races you will not receive the Heavy Medals for any races you completed prior to signing up for the program. For example, if you enroll in the program after your 4th Rock ‘n’ Roll event you will only receive Heavy Medals 5+ **In affective as of July 1, 2018.
No – you can only enroll in the program once every calendar year using the same Active.com account.
In order to receive Heavy Medals, you must enroll as an official Heavy Medalist. Make sure your address and information is current; medals will be sent to the address used on your Heavy Medals enrollment.
Yes – If you already have an Active.com account before you can officially enroll in the program you will be asked to sign into your account to continue with the registration process. If you do not already have an Active.com account, you will create one during your Heavy Medal registration using an up to date email address.
*If you don’t remember your password for your Active.com account please select ‘forgot password’ and reset your password.
You can check if you have enrolled in the Heavy Medal Program by logging into your Active.com account and going to your ‘order history’ to see all past order history.
You can manage your enrollment by logging into your Active.com account and going to your ‘order history’ and selecting ‘manage registration’ to update any of your information for your Heavy Medal registration. (Warning! Any changes you make to your personal information will update your profile on ALL registrations in Active.com (past, current and future).
Yes – as long as you are enrolled as an official Heavy Medalist. Make sure to use the same name and date of birth for each registration. Be mindful of hyphens, abbreviations and spelling. If you have two registrations with different information, we will not be able to match your race completions and things will get confusing quickly.
Yes, but make sure to use the same name and date of birth. Be mindful of hyphens, abbreviations and spelling. If you have two registrations with different information, our awards system probably won’t send you anything shiny.
No. You must register for the Heavy Medals Program separately from the Tour Pass Program.
No. You must be registered for the Heavy Medals Program.
Heavy Medals Not Received
Common Reasons Medals are NOT Received:
• You are not enrolled as an official Heavy Medalist
• The mailing address listed on your Heavy Medals enrollment is incorrect or out-of-date
• Your name or date of birth differed between registrations
• You didn’t complete the half or marathon distance
• The finishing time for one of your races wasn’t recorded properly
• The email address listed on your Heavy Medals enrollment does not match with your race registration
Heavy Medals Perks Questions
Vanity Bibs will be handed out during your event expo. Perks including extra beer and discounts will be attached to your vanity bib. Items such as hats, hoodie, ect. Will be picked up with your Heavy Medals on race day once you complete your race.
If you did not pick up your Heavy Medal Perks during your qualifying race you will not receive them, and they will not be mailed to you.
Yes – to keep an accurate database of our Heavy Medalists, we need you to enroll in the program each year.
No—If you qualify for Heavy Medal Perk during an international race your perks will be mailed after you have completed your race.
Terms & Conditions
Competitor Group, Inc. reserves the right to change the qualification, terms, award designs, and artwork presented here at any time.