How To Register
Registering is easy! You may register for any Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event in two ways.
- Register Online
- Request an entry form by mail. Please contact us and we will be happy to mail a form to you. All registrations submitted by paper entry form will be charged a $15 Green Fee for processing. We do not accept phone entries.
Please register only once. If you fax or register online, do not mail a hard copy. Do not send multiple faxes or online entries.
Unsure if you are registered for the 2017 Rock ‘n’ Roll Montreal Marathon & 1/2 Marathon? Click here to confirm.
Personalize Your Bib
You can submit 12 characters (including spaces) to be printed on your bib number when you register online before the event deadline. Simply type your message into the Personalize your Bib field during registration. Beware of using symbols as not all symbols will print correctly on bib numbers.
Bring your confirmation sheet and a photo ID to the Health & Fitness Expo to pick up your race number.
When you receive your race number at the Expo, be sure to complete the Medical Information on the back.
Help your friends and family. You can pick up your friend/family member’s race packet at the Expo. The procedure will work as follows:
- You can pick up your packet and another packet for a friend or family member at no extra cost.
- You must have a copy of the photo ID, signed confirmation sheet and a permission letter for the person whose packet you are getting.
- There is no additional cost associated with this.
The deadline for changing distances is 24 July 2017 or SELL OUT of that particular distance, whichever occurs first. Questions? Contact Customer Service or for information in French, call 450-679-4928.
Switching from a LONGER distance to a SHORTER distance:
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply email this request along with your name, surname, mailing address that you registered with and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply show up to the start line of the desired distance on race morning and your timing tag will reflect the change. You can visit the corral change table in the Check-In area of the Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in. Please note the start time and location of your desired distance.
Switching from a SHORTER distance to a LONGER distance:
- Before the event deadline: To upgrade from a shorter distance to a longer distance simply email this request along with your name, surname, mailing address registered with and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service. The early upgrade fee is $10 plus the cost difference between the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration and the desired distance’s fee at the time of original registration (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference).
- After the event deadline: If you would like to upgrade from a shorter distance to a longer distance, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your assigned bib number and proceed to the “Solutions” table.
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying speeds. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, along with other participants of similar running pace.
Before the event deadline: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, simply email your request along with your first name, last name, mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
After the event deadline: If your training has gone better than expected and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and affiliated events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon. You must be at least 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon. You must be at least 10 years old to participate in the 10K. You must be at least 8 years old to participate in the 5K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- Race numbers are required to be worn at all times during the race.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Marathon and Half marathon:
- Start Line: Jacques-Cartier Bridge
- Take the metro yellow line and exit at the Longueuil-Université de Sherbrooke station.
- Signs will direct you to parking lot P2, where you can deposit your gear check bag (the one you received at the Expo) into the yellow gear check school buses. You will pick up your gear check bag after the race at La Fontaine Park (on Avenue Émile-Duployé).
- Once you pass gear check (the yellow buses), follow the road up to the Jacques-Cartier Bridge to access your corral. Please allow 15-20 minutes to walk to your corral.
- Start Line: TBD
- Start Line: La Fontaine Park
- Take the metro and exit at either the Mont-Royal or Sherbrooke station.
- From the Mont-Royal station:
- Walk southeast on Rue Berri. Turn left on Rue Rachel E. Turn right into the park at Avenue Calixa-Lavallée. (The walk from Mont-Royal station is approximately 15 minutes.)
- From Sherbrooke station:
- Walk southeast on Rue Berri. Turn left on Sherbrooke. Turn left into the park at Avenue Calixa-Lavallée. (The walk from Sherbrooke station is approximately 20 minutes.)
- From the Mont-Royal station:
P’tit Marathon 1 km Tel-jeunes:
- Start Line: La Fontaine Park, corner of Rue Roy E and Avenue du Parc-La Fontaine
- Take the metro and exit at Sherbrooke station.
- Walk northwest on Rue Berri past Rue Cherrier. Turn right on Rue Roy E and continue to Avenue du Parc-La Fontaine. (The walk from Sherbrooke station is approximately 10 minutes.)
(Français) À venir
Each participant will receive a bag at the Health & Fitness Expo when you pick up your bib. This bag will serve as your gear bag on race day. Attach your gear tag to your gear bag before you leave it at gear check. After the race, reclaim your checked bag at the designated gear check area.
DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
There will NOT be gear check for the 1K.
- When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
- At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released.
- By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets.
The time limits are:
- 6 hours for the marathon
- 3 hours 45 minutes for the half marathon
- 2 hours 30 minutes for the 10K
- 1 hour 30 minutes for the 5K
- 30 minutes for the 1K
You must complete the course within the established time limits for your safety.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
An Information Booth will be positioned at the finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booth will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth.
Any valuable items NOT claimed by the end of the Finish Line Festival will be sent back to our office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact us.
The medical team consists of medical professionals who are at your service. There are medical positions at the start, the finish and at regular intervals along the route. Medical personnel wear red to be easily identified. To facilitate the work of medical teams, it is critical that you fill out the medical history information on the back of your race bib.
The Sportstats timing company will use MYLAPS BibTag technology to record participants’ times. The electronic chip will be on the back of your bib number.
Tips to assure your timing chip works properly:
- Wear your bib number on the front so that the number is clearly visible. Do not cover.
- Do not bend or damage the bib, especially the timing chip area.
- Use safety pins to attach the bib to your clothes. Be careful not to puncture the chip!
- Do not remove the foam that covers the BibTag chip.
- Those who have their own MYLAPS ChampionChip: Simply it attach to your shoe. It will not influence the time recorded by the BibTag chip.
Two easy ways to register as a volunteer:
- Contact us by email with your full name, mailing address, phone and position desired
- Contact us by telephone at (450) 679-4928 Ex. 28, and leave a detailed message including your full name, mailing address, phone and desired position
All distances finish at La Fontaine Park. When you finish your race, you will be directed in the secure zone, a fenced area reserved for race participants only. In this area, you will receive your medal, water, and other post-race refreshments.
After you lead the secure zone, turn left to enter the Finish Line Festival, enjoy the concert and celebrate your accomplishment.
Note: Once you leave the secure zone, you cannot go back in.
After the race, reunite with family and friends in the Family Reunion area and relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments and live music at the finish line stage.
With a large number of participants and thousands of excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that BEFORE the race you designate a meet-up location for friends and family in the Family Reunion area. The Family Reunion area will have tall, clearly-marked signs by letter (A – Z). Choose a letter and tell your friends and family so you all know where to meet after the race.
Age Group Awards
Awards will be sent 6 – 8 weeks post event.
Age division Half Marathon Age division Marathon
12 – 14 18-24
15 – 17 25-29
18 – 24 30-34
25 – 29 35-39
30 – 34 40-44
35 – 39 45-49
40 – 44 50-54
45 – 49 55-59
50 – 54 60-64
55 – 59 65-69
60 – 64 70-79
65 – 69 80+
10 km: Top 3 men and Top 3 women
5km: Top 3 men and Top 3 women
Marathon Finisher Jacket
As our BONUS gift to you, all participants that finish the marathon distance will receive a marathon finisher jacket. Jackets will only be awarded to participants that register for the marathon and complete the 26.2 miles. Jackets can be picked up after the race only at the Marathon Jackets tent. Proof of marathon completion may be requested – this may include showing a marathon finisher medal and race bib. Presentation of marathon jacket bib ticket is required.