For any comments or questions, please contact us via email at: email@example.com
How To Register
Registering is easy! You may register for any Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event by Registering Online.
Once you have completed your registration, you may confirm your registration by logging into MyEvents which contains all your ACTIVE.com purchases.
- Log into the MyEventsweb page at http://www.myevents.active.com
- Your username will be the email address which you used to sign up
- Use the “Forgot My Password” link if needed
- Once logged in, you will see all events which you have signed up for, thus confirming your registration
If they were imported or if they were registered by another person, they will have to use these instructions to claim their registration:
If you were registered by another individual, you may claim your registration by first creating an ACTIVE.com account and then logging into http://myevents.active.com.
Note: In order to claim your registration, you must create an ACTIVE.com user account and have your unique Registration ID. The Name, Email Address, Gender, and DOB of the ACTIVE.com account must match the registration you are claiming.
Creating an ACTIVE.com Account:
- Go to active.com
- In upper right hand corner, click Sign Up
- Enter your Email Address (make sure this is the one you were registered under)
- Click Join Now
- Complete all required information
- Name, Email Address, Gender, and DOB must match your registration exactly
- Click Create My Account
Claiming a Registration:
- Log into MyEventswith the ACTIVE.com account you just created (http://www.myevents.active.com)
- Enter Registration Number (R-XXXXXXXX)into Claim Registration text box in the top right corner of the page
- The system will look to match your ACTIVE.com account information with your Registration ID, if all four points match (Name, Email, Gender, DOB) you will be prompted to claim the registration
If no registration is found, please contact us.
Personalize Your Bib
You can submit 12 characters (including spaces) to be printed on your bib number when you register online before the event deadline. Simply type your message into the Personalize your Bib field during registration. Beware of using symbols as not all symbols will print correctly on bib numbers.
Bring your confirmation sheet and a photo ID to the Expo to pick up your bib number.
When you receive your bib number at the Expo, be sure to complete the Medical Information on the back.
Dates: Friday, September 21 and Saturday, September 22, 2018
Friday, September 21: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday, September 22: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Place Bonaventure, 800, de La Gauchetière West, Montreal (Quebec)
The deadline for changing distances is August 16 2018 or SELL OUT of that particular distance, whichever occurs first. Questions? Contact Customer Service
Switching from a LONGER distance to a SHORTER distance:
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply email this request along with your name, surname, mailing address that you registered with and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply show up to the start line of the desired distance on race morning and your timing tag will reflect the change. You can visit the corral change table in the Check-In area of the Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in. Please note the start time and location of your desired distance.
Switching from a SHORTER distance to a LONGER distance:
- Before the event deadline: To upgrade from a shorter distance to a longer distance simply email this request along with your name, surname, mailing address registered with and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service. The early upgrade fee is $10 plus the cost difference between the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration and the desired distance’s fee at the time of original registration (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference).
- After the event deadline: If you would like to upgrade from a shorter distance to a longer distance, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your assigned bib number and proceed to the “Solutions” table.
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying speeds. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, along with other participants of similar running pace.
Before the event deadline: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, simply email your request along with your first name, last name, mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
After the event deadline: If your training has gone better than expected and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
2018 Event Registration Refund Program
Allianz Global Assistance offers Registration Protector
Registration Protector gives participants the opportunity to fully insure their entry. If you can’t attend this event for any number of reasons, including covered injury, illness, traffic accidents and more, you’ll be reimbursed for your registration cost, fees and other related costs. Just add it to your entry upon checkout! Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. See full coverage details.
To file a claim, please contact Allianz Global Assistance at 1-888-497-6989 or visit them online here
To contact Allianz Global Assitance directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions.
If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and affiliated events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon. You must be at least 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon. You must be at least 10 years old to participate in the 10K. You must be at least 8 years old to participate in the 5K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- Race numbers are required to be worn at all times during the race.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Marathon & Half Marathon –
Location: will be announced soon!
10 km Sport Expert –
Location: will be announced soon!
5 km –
Location: will be announced soon!
P’tit marathon 1 km Tel-Jeunes
Location: will be announced soon!
Road closure map will be announced soon!
The bag you received at the Expo is your gear bag for race day. On race morning, attach your gear tag (attached beforehand to your bib) to your gear bag before you leave it at gear check, where bib numbers will be written on several school busses. The school busses will be placed in bib order. After the race, reclaim your checked bag at the designated gear check area before 3:00 pm.
DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
Please note there will not be any gear check for the 1K.
Opening hours for gear check : 6:30am
Marathon & Half-Marathon
Where: Will be announced soon!
5K & 10K
Where: Will be announced soon!
In an effort to provide every one of our participants with as comfortable a run as possible, a wave start will be used. Participants are assigned to an appropriate corral based on the projected finishing time submitted on their entry form.
When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released.
By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets.
The time limits are:
- 6 hours for the marathon
- 3 hours 45 minutes for the half marathon
- 2 hours 15 minutes for the 10K
- 1 hour 30 minutes for the 5K
- 30 minutes for the 1K
You must complete the course within the established time limits for your safety.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
An Information Booth will be positioned at the finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booth will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth.
Any valuable items NOT claimed by the end of the Finish Line Festival will be sent back to our office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact us.
The medical team consists of medical professionals who are at your service. There are medical positions at the start, the finish and at regular intervals along the route. Medical personnel wear red to be easily identified. To facilitate the work of medical teams, it is critical that you fill out the medical history information on the back of your race bib.
Race timing is by Sportstats using chip on the bib technology which will automatically record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish. Sportstats will be using disposable tags, glued onto your race bib, which allows you to walk away from the finish without the need to have your tag collected.
Please Note: All participants in the race must wear their race bib with the tag intact in order to have their times recorded. No bib = no time! Please make sure the race bib is pinned at torso height at the front and is visible throughout the race.
Visit Sportstats.us for more information.
It’s that easy to register as a volunteer!
Contact us by email with your full name, phone and volunteer position desired
In 2018 we have an all new app that includes real time-runner tracking. Share this with your friends, family and fans so they can track your progress on race day.
- Additional highlights of the app include:
- Participant times, paces, estimates and places in real-time
- Live Runner Tracking
- Interactive Course maps
- Push notifications as progress is made on course
- Event information and messaging
- Live Leaderboards
- Social sharing
Please note: We will not be offering SMS Runner Tracking in 2018. If you have the old Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series app, please delete it and download the new version.
When you finish your race, you will be directed in the secure zone, a fenced area reserved for race participants only. In this area, you will receive your medal, water, and other post-race refreshments.
After you lead the secure zone, turn left to enter the Finish Line Festival, enjoy the concert and celebrate your accomplishment.
Note: Once you leave the secure zone, you cannot go back in.
After the race, reunite with family and friends in the Family Reunion area and relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments and live music at the finish line stage.
With a large number of participants and thousands of excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that BEFORE the race you designate a meet-up location for friends and family in the Family Reunion area. The Family Reunion area will have tall, clearly-marked signs by letter (A – Z). Choose a letter and tell your friends and family so you all know where to meet after the race.
Age Group Awards
|Age Division Half-Marathon||Age Division Marathon|
10 km Top 3 men and Top 3 women
5 km Top 3 men and Top 3 women