You’re ready to ROCK Music City at the 2018 St. Jude Rock ‘n’ Roll Nashville Marathon & 1/2 Marathon. Now, ensure you’re race-day ready by having a plan to navigate the Start and Finish Line venues and to maximize your on-course experience. Whether it’s your very first Rock ‘n’ Roll Nashville or you’re a returning runner, please take note so you’re up to date and know where to go on race morning, Saturday, April 28! Also check out some great race etiquette tips here. Download the Start and Finish Venue maps and read along:
Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Start Line
- Start Time: Your race starts at 7:15 AM. We recommend arriving at least one hour prior to your estimated start time to have enough time to stretch, use the restroom, grab a snack, and check your bag.
- Location: Your start line is located on Broadway at 8th Ave/Rosa Parks Blvd. Note that the 5K start line and start time is separate.
- Getting to the Start: Check out your best Parking & Transportation Options here, including the best walking route from designated parking lots to the start line.
- Start Elements: Refreshments (Bananas, Bagels & Water), Medical, Information & Solutions will be on 8th Ave/Rosa Parks Blvd on the south side of Broadway.
- Gear Check: UPS trucks will be parked in the parking lot between 9th & 10th Ave on the north side of Broadway. Prepare your bag before coming to the start, drop your gear by 7:45 AM, and any checked gear will be transported to your finish line. Note that gear check for the 5K will be separate from the Marathon & 1/2 Marathon.
- Restrooms: Portable restrooms will be available at the Start Line on 8th Ave/Rosa Parks Blvd (north side of Broadway) and 9th Ave (both sides of Broadway). Restrooms located at 6th Ave are for the 5K participants only.
- Corrals: Participants will be split into 38 corrals that will be sent off in waves starting at 7:15 am. Marathon participants will be assigned to the first 25 corrals and must start within the first 25 corrals as assigned in order to have the full 6 hour time limit. There will be approximately 1-2 minutes between each corral, so the entire wave plan will take approximately 35-50 minutes for the Marathon and 50-75 minutes for the Half Marathon. Plan accordingly for arrival on race day based on your corral.
5K Start Line
- Start Time: Don’t forget – your race starts at 6:45 AM. An earlier start means you can start the party early at the finish line!
- Location: Your start line is separate from the Marathon & 1/2 Marathon, located on Demonbreun Street at 6th Ave.
- Start Elements: Refreshments (Bananas, Bagels & Water), Medical, Information & Solutions will be on 8th Ave/Rosa Parks on the south side of Broadway.
- Gear Check: UPS trucks will be parked behind the 5K start corrals. NOTE: Gear Check for the 5K will be separate from the Marathon & 1/2 Marathon. Prepare your bag before coming to the start, drop your gear by 6:40 AM, and any checked gear will be transported to your finish line.
- Restrooms: Portable restrooms will be available at the 5K Start Line on 6th Ave.
- Corrals: Participants will be split into eight (8) corrals that will be sent off in waves starting at 6:45 am. There will be approximately 1-2 minutes between each corral, so the entire wave plan will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Familiarize yourself with where all water stations are located on course, including which ones have Gatorade and Science in Sports energy gels. Half marathon participants will have an additional SiS gel station on course, and marathon participants will have two additional SiS gel stations and bananas so you will be all set on race day! Restrooms will be available at all aid stations.
- In addition to all of the awesome local bands along the course, be on the lookout for our new Mile Markers – not only are they easier to spot on race day, they literally rock with music playing at select miles!
- Don’t forget – Nashville’s beauty can’t be experienced without some hills along the way. Check out the Elevation Chart so you know where to expect those hills on race day and check out these tips for conquering those hills on race day.
- Be on the lookout for signage designating where the courses split to ensure you stay on course.
- You will see some GREAT community support for this race. Check out all of the awesome Nashville neighborhoods you will see along the course here.
- Keep in mind that the course time limits are 1 hour for the 5K, 4 hours for the half marathon and 6 hours for the marathon. Read your Final Information to understand your options to continue if you fall behind pace.
- Finish Line Festival: Once you cross the finish line, you will get your medal and refreshments inside the participant Secure Zone. After you exit the Secure Zone, head towards the Finish Line Festival to celebrate your accomplishment! Study the Finish Line Venue Map to familiarize yourself with where to meet family and friends, pick up your gear, grab your complimentary Michelob ULTRA, try out local food trucks, and listen to some great local music! NOTE: Due to large crowds on race day, please plan to meet family and friends in the Family Reunion area at the Finish Line Festival, not near the Secure Zone exit.
- Marathon Finishers: To celebrate your amazing accomplishment of finishing 26.2 miles, we are literally rolling out the red carpet for you as you cross the finish line. We will also have a special Marathon Recovery Zone at the Finish Line Festival, which will be located near UPS Gear Check. The Marathon Recovery Zone will have additional refreshments and massage therapists, and a place to sit and relax as you celebrate your accomplishment. Marathon finishers will be required to show bib upon entrance to the Recover Zone.
Thursday Night 1 Mile
- As you might guess, there’s a lot that goes on in downtown Nashville! We recommend you get downtown early. There’s lots to do while you’re there. Pick up your bib at the Health & Fitness Expo (must pick up by 5:30 PM), check out all of our vendors, or simply scout out the Honky Tonks and eateries to hit up later. Make sure you have plenty of time to get to the start line.