More than 20,000 runners took part in the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon & 1/2 Marathon starting with a brand new 5K on Saturday in City Park. The streets of the Big Easy were turned into a 26.2 mile block party as runners helped themselves to king cake and Jell-O shots along the course in one of Runner’s World’s most fun marathons. Local favorites, Big Freedia and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band entertained and celebrated runners at the Toyota Rock ‘n’ Roll Concert series at the finish line festival. Neely Spence Gracey repeated as the first female in the half marathon finishing in 1:11:02 Jack St Marie took first for the men with 1:09:04. In the marathon, Clay Emge crossed first in 2:34:15 with Hannah Cooling topping the podium for the women in 2:50:28.
- Q&A with Professional Athlete, Kelley O’Hara
- Are You a Jaybird Lucky Finisher?
- Come for the Run, stay for the fun!
- Remix Your Weekend in New Orleans
- So Frenchy, So Chic!
- Returning Half Marathon Champion Neely Spence Gracey Defends Her Title
- 5 Post-Marathon Foods to Maximize Your Recovery!
- Watch Now: Race Day Highlights
- Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Race Day Photos
- Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans 5K Photos