No doubt about it, there’s plenty of great places to wine and dine in New Orleans. Here are some of our favorites, hand-picked by your Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series Team.
Hit us up on Facebook to let us know what you think!
Best Happy Hour: Domenica, 123 Baronne St.
• A John Besh Restaurant with modern Italian food and a large wine, beer, and cocktail selection
• Half price wood fired pizza, wines by the glass, well cocktails, & beers
• 7 days a week 2pm -5 pm
Best Po-Boys: Parkway Bakery and Tavern, 538 Hagan Ave.
• Traditional and purist po-boys
• Bread is perfectly flaky on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside
• Recommendation: fried shrimp or fried oyster po-boy
Best Muffalettas: Central Grocery, 923 Decatur St.
• Original creators of the Muffaletta
• Can be ordered by quarter, half, or whole
• These things are HUGE
Best Sandwiches (that aren’t po-boys or muffalettas): Cochon Butcher, 930 Tchoupitoulas St.
• Sandwiches featuring highest quality meats
• Side plates like Mac & Cheese and Brussel sprouts are also highlights
Best Diner: Deannies, 841 Iberville St.
• Some of the best fried food in town!!
• Recommendations: BBQ shrimp (soaking in butter) and any fried food platter
Best Oysters: Pascal’s Manale, 1838 Napoleon Ave.
• More of a sit down restaurant, but have an oyster bar in the lounge
• Biggest and juiciest oysters we’ve seen!
Best Authentic Cajun Cuisine: K-Paul’s Louisiana Kitchen, 416 Chartres St.
• Get all your NOLA classics: jambalaya, gumbo, fried green tomatoes, maque choux, etoufee, turtle soup in a relaxing atmosphere with 5 star service
• Casual and more affordable deli-style lunch Thursdays-Saturdays
Best Old School Vibe: Galatoire’s, 209 Bourbon St.
• Established in 1905, serves traditional French and New Orleans dishes
• Experience old school New Orleans right on Bourbon St.
• Sport coats required
Best Non-New Orleans Cuisine: Shaya, 4213 Magazine St.
• Modern Israeli food with craft cocktails
• Recommendation: the sharing plate for the table with many small plates like Israeli salad, tabouleh, Moroccan carrots
Best Steakhouse: Delmonico’s, 1300 St. Charles Ave.
• Emeril’s classic steakhouse with a Cajun flair
• 5 star service in an historic century-old building
Best Fine Dining: Restaurant August, 301 Tchoupitoulas St.
• Another John Besh creation, serving contemporary French cuisine with local ingredients
• Features 5 course tasting menus with sommelier pairings and an a la carte menu
Best Brunch: Atchafalaya, 901 Louisiana Ave.
• Do it yourself Bloody Mary Bar featuring many different hot sauces and pickled veggies
• They bring the vodka you do the rest
• Recommendations: Crab and Fried Green Tomatoes Benedict or Truffled Eggs and Spinach
Best Beignet: Café du Monde, 800 Decatur St.
• Fried doughy sugary goodness