How To Register
Registering is easy! You may register for any Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event by Registering Online.
Unsure if you are registered for the 2018 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon & 1/2 Marathon? Click here to confirm.
Personalize Your Bib
You can submit 12 characters (including spaces) to be printed on your bib number when you register online before the event deadline. Simply type your message into the Personalize your Bib field during registration. Beware of using symbols as not all symbols will print correctly on bib numbers.
All Marathon, 1/2 Marathon and 10K participants must attend the Health & Fitness Expo on either Friday, March 2nd or Saturday, March 3rd at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center to pick up their packets.
**Race changes are only allowed up to 8 weeks prior to race day. Please visit our Event Timelines page for event specific deadlines
Switching from a LONGER distance to a SHORTER distance
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply show up to the desired start line on race morning and follow the appropriate race course. Your timing tag will reflect the change as you cross the finish line. If you wish, you can visit the corral change table in the Check-In area of the Health & Fitness Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in. Please note the 10K start time is different than the Marathon & Half Marathon.
Switching from the HALF Marathon to FULL Marathon
- Before the event deadline: To upgrade from the Half Marathon to the Full Marathon simply contact our Customer Service and provide your name and new predicted finishing time. The early upgrade fee is $20 when changing from the Half Marathon to the Full Marathon.
- After the event deadline: If you would like to upgrade from the Half Marathon to Full Marathon, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your assigned bib number and proceed to the “Solutions” table. The late upgrade fee is $35 when changing from the Half Marathon to the Full Marathon at the Expo.
Switching from any other SHORTER distance to any other LONGER distance (does not include the Half Marathon to Full Marathon upgrade)
- Before the event deadline: To upgrade from any other shorter distance to any other longer distance, simply contact our Customer Service and provide your name and new predicted finishing time. The early upgrade fee is the difference in price between the registration fees charged at the time of registration, plus a $10 upgrade fee (processing fee is not included when calculating price difference).
- After the event deadline: If you would like to upgrade from any other shorter distance to any other longer distance, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your assigned bib number and proceed to the “Solutions” table. You will be charged the appropriate fee based on the distance you are currently registered for and your desired distance.
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying speeds. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, along with other participants of similar running pace.
Before the event deadline: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, simply email your request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
After the event deadline: If your training has gone better than expected and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
Before the event deadline: Entries will only be deferred to the following year for the same city and distance of your current registration. Deferral fees are non-refundable. 10K, 5K or other distances do not apply and cannot be deferred.
To defer your registration before the event deadline, please click here. You will have the option to either login to your Race It account OR enter your confirmation number and date of birth. (Your confirmation number can be found on your confirmation email which was sent to you at the time of registration and can also be resent using the Resend Confirmation option) On the next page select the option to “Defer Entry” and complete your payment information. Upon submission, your registration will automatically be transferred to the following year’s event and you will receive an email confirming your submission was processed successfully.
After the event deadline: Unfortunately, the option to defer is only valid through the event deadline and our standard cancellation policy will apply as follows: If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
2018 Event Registration Refund Program- FOR 2018 EVENT REGISTRATION ONLY!
Allianz Global Assistance offers Registration Protector
Registration Protector gives participants the opportunity to fully insure their entry. If you can’t attend this event for any number of reasons, including covered injury, illness, traffic accidents and more, you’ll be reimbursed for your registration cost, fees and other related costs. Just add it to your entry upon checkout! Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. See full coverage details.
To file a claim, please contact Allianz Global Assistance at 1-888-497-6989 or visit them online here
To contact Allianz Global Assitance directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions.
If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
2017 Registration Refund Program- FOR 2017 EVENT REGISTRATION ONLY!
Registration Refund Program provided by Transamerica
Great News! With Registration Refund provided by Transamerica you can request a 100% registration fee refund if you are unable to participate due to a specific covered reason. To qualify, you must select the Registration Refund option at the time of registration. You may then receive a registration fee refund if you are unable to participate due to any of the following reasons:
Bad things like:
Injury, unforeseen illness, family member injury or illness, family member loss of life, involuntary job loss, unexpected travel delays (that are covered under the policy).
Good things like:
Pregnancy, childbirth, family member pregnancy or childbirth.
Other reasons including:
Active duty military deployment, permanent job relocation.
Note: A Qualified Medical Practitioner must certify illness, injury or pregnancy refund requests.
Click here to learn more and review the program’s FAQs.
Click here to download a copy of the terms and conditions and the refund request form.
Note: Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate (unless you have selected Transamerica’s Registration Refund Policy); you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and affiliated events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon. You must be 10 years old to participate in the 10K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Race numbers are required to be worn at all times during the race.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Parking & Transportation
2018 Parking & Transportation: TBD
Before you enter your assigned corral, drop-off your pre-race/post-race clothing and belongings at Gear Check. While you run, your gear will be held at Gear Check and available for your collection when you have completed your race.
Each participant will receive a large, durable gear bag at the Health & Fitness Expo when you pick up your packet that will serve as your gear bag on race day. UPS Gear Check trucks will be arranged alphabetically and by truck number near the Start Line. Attach your gear tag to your gear bag before you leave it with the Gear Check crew. After the race, reclaim your checked bag at the designated Gear Check area.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
*All clothing discarded at the start line, finish line or along the course will be donated to local homeless shelters.
In an effort to provide each participant with as streamlined a run as possible, a Wave Start will be implemented at Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon & 1/2 Marathon.
Participants are assigned an appropriate corral based on their projected finishing time, as submitted at registration. The corrals are then released in waves, in order to space out starting participants and minimize crowding. Typically, there are multiple waves assigned to the most common finishing times. All spectators should be aware of this when organizing their viewing schedule for the day.
- When the starting gun fires, the first corral is released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
- At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released, and then the next.
- By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets. Cut-off locations will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by the communicated time will be advanced forward on the course, or shuttled to the finish line area. Please note – cut-off times are calculated based on participants’ timing tag time, not starting gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line.
If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have several options:
- Increase their pace to stay within the event’s minimum pace;
- Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required; or
- If the participant cannot continue, they may board a sag wagon to be dropped off at the next shuttle location, at a nearby medical station. The participant will be seen by a Medical Team Captain to be cleared for the medical shuttle before being transported to the finish line.
The course time limit for New Orleans is 4 hours for the half marathon and 7 hours for the full marathon.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and to help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth. Unclaimed items from the start will be transported to the finish.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 3pm will be trucked back to our San Diego office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact Competitor Group here.
The Medical Team is a dedicated group of multidisciplinary medical professionals, available to help assess your race day medical needs and administer acute first aid when necessary.
Numerous medical stations will be located at the Finish as well as at the Start, and along the course. Look for large RED and WHITE tents and for medical volunteers dressed in RED shirts for medical assistance before, during and after the race.
Race timing is by Sportstats using chip on the bib technology which will automatically record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish. Sportstats will be using disposable tags, glued onto your race bib, which allows you to walk away from the finish without the need to have your tag collected.
Please Note: All participants in the race must wear their race bib with the tag intact in order to have their times recorded. No bib = no time! Please make sure the race bib is pinned at torso height at the front and is visible throughout the race.
Visit Sportstats.us for more information.
Make every step count. Fundraise for your favorite cause.
Rock ‘n’ roll has always been a way to express your self and connect with others. To say, “This is who I am. This is who we are.” To rage against the things that you know in your heart need to change. To begin a movement.
Since 1998, Rock ‘n’ Roll runners have raised over $310 million for hundreds Charity Partners. In New Orleans, we strive to create lasting change by giving our participants the chance to make a real difference by raising money for local and national causes they care about.
Your cause is the Heart of Rock ‘n’ Roll.
We’ve teamed up with everydayhero so all our runners can make every step count and fundraise for their favorite charity. It’s simple. When you register, pick the charity you’d like to fundraise for, create your page and set a goal. Then do your thing.
This year, we’ve set a big goal: One Year. 17 cities. 450,000 runners. $10 million raised.
This is your call to greatness. Turn your Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon into a fundraiser for the charity of your choice. Because if you run, you rock. If you run ‘n’ raise, you ROCK harder!
Completing an endurance sports event such as a marathon or half marathon is one of life’s great experiences. And when you train with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training, you make that experience an even greater accomplishment by not only changing your life but by helping cure cancer. Team In Training also gives you more of everything you need for success.
In return, you’ll raise funds to help people with blood cancers live better, longer lives.
Toe the start line, feel the energy, embrace the excitement. Now imagine this experience while racing in orange with hundreds of fellow teammates… all fighting to end Crohn’s and colitis!
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) is on a mission for the nearly 1 in 200 Americans living with these debilitating diseases. Receive all the tools you need to not only toe the starting line, but cross the finish line… a finish line that represents a world free from Crohn’s and colitis.
We need your help. Join Team Challenge. End Crohn’s and colitis.
To learn more, visit ccteamchallenge.org or call 866-931-2611 today!
Imagine a race where hope marks the finish line. Make it a reality when you run as a St. Jude Hero to support the lifesaving work at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®.
St. Jude has changed the way the world treats childhood cancer and other deadly diseases. Children from all 50 states and from around the world have come through the doors of St. Jude for treatment, and thousands more around the world have benefited from our research. And no family ever pays St. Jude for anything.
As a St. Jude Hero, you’ll cross the finish line knowing that you truly Run for a Reason. To learn more about becoming a St. Jude Hero, visit http://www.heroes.stjude.org/ or contact Katie Casanova at (225) 282-3240 or email@example.com
We have partnered with Super Pacers to provide the Official Pace Team for the race. Experienced pacers will help you reach the finish line at your goal time. Pace teams are FREE and open to all participants. Visit the Pace Team booth at the Health and Fitness Expo to join a pace team. Pace groups are offered in the following times:
Half Marathon: 1:30, 1:45, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00
Full Marathon: 3:15, 3:30, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45, 5:00
In 2018 we have an all new app that includes real time-runner tracking. Share this with your friends, family and fans so they can track your progress on race day.
- Additional highlights of the app include:
- Participant times, paces, estimates and places in real-time
- Live Runner Tracking
- Interactive Course maps
- Push notifications as progress is made on course
- Event information and messaging
- Live Leaderboards
- Social sharing
Please note: We will not be offering SMS Runner Tracking in 2018. If you have the old Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series app, please delete it and download the new app.
Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter the Secure Zone, a fenced off area designated for participants only. In the Secure Zone, receive your finisher’s medal, have your photo taken and refuel with water, snacks and refreshments. Once you leave the Secure Zone, you cannot re-enter. Just beyond the Secure Zone you can retrieve your gear bag and join family and friends for the Finish Line Festival.
After the race, reunite with family and friends in the Family Reunion area and relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments and live music at the finish line stage. With a large number of participants and thousands of excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that you designate a meet-up location for friends and family BEFORE the race in the Family Reunion area. The Family Reunion area will post tall, clearly-marked signs by Letter (A – Z), so be sure to coordinate and plan to meet at a pre-determined letter.
Age Group Awards
Age group awards will be presented 3-deep in all divisions, for both the marathon (where applicable) and half marathon, for male and female categories. Top 3 overall male and females are excluded from the age-group awards and can only receive one prize. Awards will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks of results being finalized. In accordance with USATF Rules, overall and cash awards will be determined by gun time while age group awards will be determined by your ChronoTrack time.