Spectators are a huge part of the racing experience – with so many people lining the streets, it is just as important for spectators to prepare for race day as it is for the athletes themselves.
We have put together a list of the top tips for spectators to remember that will be sure you give their runner that extra kick they need!
Rock n Roll Philadelphia features a two-day Health & Fitness Expo prior to the race, which all participants must visit to pick up their race packets. Free and open to the public, this expo features the latest in running technologies, fitness apparel, health & nutrition information and interactive displays.
Pick up some last-minute essentials before race day and be sure to visit the Brooks Official Merchandise Store. All runners must visit the expo to pick up their race number, gear bag and t-shirt.
- Date: September 15 – 16, 2017
- Location: Pennsylvania Convention Center, Hall F (map)
- Expo Hours:
- Friday, September 15: 12:00pm – 7:00pm
- Saturday, September 16: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- For directions, please visit the Pennsylvania Convention Center website.
- Non-Reserved Parking
- Parking at the Pennsylvania Convention Center is available for a daily fee and will apply on both Friday and Saturday. This fee is issued by the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- There are alternate lots and parking meters available in downtown Philadelphia.
Start Line / Kelly Drive / Fairmount Ave /Finish Line
- You can watch the start and then see your runner come back by the start at mile 3. You can them move to the intersection of Kelly Drive and Fairmount Ave to catch the runners again as the head return from the out and back on head up Kelly Drive at mile 5. From here, it is a short walk back to the finish line.
- Ben Franklin Parkway / 17th Street
- Shortly after the start just a half mile into the course, the runners are getting rolling into Center City. They will return heading back up Ben Franklin Parkway at Mile 2.5.
- City Hall
- The runners will circle city hall from after heading east on Market Street. For any guests staying at hotels on Market Street on the east side of City Hall, you can catch the participants around mile 2, and then casually head to the finish line at Eakins Oval.
Runner Tracking technology lets you know the progress of your runner on race day. Convenient texts keeps you updated every step of the way. Click here for more information and to sign up. Runner tracking is compliments of Synchrony Financial.
After the race, reunite with runners in the Family Reunion area at the Finish Line Festival and relish in your runners’ post race accomplishment. With a large number of participants and thousands of excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that you designate a meet up location BEFORE the race. The Family Reunion area will have tall, clearly-marked signs by letter (A – Z), so be sure to coordinate and plan to meet at a pre-determined letter.