Kids Rock Running Events – Get them off to a healthy start in life!
- Kids can rock too! Our one mile fun run encourages children to embrace exercise and have fun.
The program is open to kids grades K-7.
- All participants receive a medal, t-shirt, snacks and goody bag, plus live music at a finish line celebration.
- Make it a marathon: Through our free four, six or eight-week training programs, kids can train with parents, teachers, coaches and friends to build up 25.2 miles before race day.
- Participants come together to complete a final mile on race day and become official KiDS ROCK finishers.
- The training program also includes tips to help kids start and maintain an overall healthy and active lifestyle.
- The nationwide program is hosted in conjunction with the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series.
Scholarships for 50% free and reduced lunch program schools and a school fundraising program may be available.
We’re excited to have KiDS ROCK events in the following cities in 2017. Click below to review details for each event:
- KiDS Rock Arizona -January 13, 2018
- KiDS Rock Nashville – April 29, 2018
- KiDS Rock San Jose – October 7, 2017
- KiDS Rock San Antonio – December 2, 2017
FORM A TEAM TO ROCK
Schools can register as a team to run the 1-mile. Teams may include all grade levels from K-7th grade to participate. Fill out the survey below to form a team:
KiDS ROCK series has provided you with a free, fun, and easy-to-use Training Guides to help runners of all abilities complete their first marathon! The goal of the program is to empower kids to choose a healthy lifestyle and to reduce childhood obesity. By participating in this program, you’ll join kids all across the United States to complete a running program to get ready for your KiDS ROCK event.
At the end of the program, you will run in one fantastic final mile, specially designed for you, which when added to your training equals at least 26.2 miles – a marathon! You’ll receive a finisher’s medal, a t-shirt, and other goodies! This training guide contains a training plan for a 4, 6, or 8 week program, information on nutrition and stretching, as well as marathon fun facts.
- Easing Kids Into Running – Competitor.com
- KiDS Fun Run Under the Sun – Competitor.com
- KiDS ROCK marks 15 years in Nashville – Competitor.com
- Healthy Kids Are Getting Healthier – WomensRunning.com
- School must be 50% or more Free and Reduced Lunch based
- Signature from School Principal & Lead Teacher
- A parent permission waiver must be collected from every student that participates in KiDS ROCK
- For qualifications or to apply please visit the the city event page (Nashville and San Antonio)
Scholarships available for San Antonio and Nashville only.
Limited scholarships are available for each market, please submit your application as soon as possible. Unless noted on the event website we will continue accepting scholarship applications until online registration closes. Thank you for your understanding, we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Have a question? Let us know! If you have any questions about KiDS ROCK, please use the form below to contact us. You can also reach us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
KiDS ROCK c/o Competitor Group
6420 Sequence Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
Phone: (800) 311-1255
Fax: (858) 450-6905