Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh kicked off race weekend with the 5K on Saturday. Thousands of runners toed the start line, which took place in Dorothea Dix Park. Upon finishing, participants were treated to live music and a beer garden at the finish line festival. Sunday is the main event with the marathon and half marathon taking off at 7 a.m. in downtown Raleigh. Participants that ran the 5K and the marathon or half marathon on Sunday will earn the coveted Remix Challenge medal in addition to each race’s finisher medals.
- 9 Staff Favorites to Experience on Race Weekend
- This is Race Weekend in Raleigh: Told through Instagram
- The South’s Most Underrated Food City
- 2018 Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh Half Marathon Military Challenge
- Foolproof Recipe for Race Success: The Walk-Run Method
- Raleigh, NC: The Hidden Gem of Rock ‘n’ Roll at Home in the Spotlight
- The Best Things to Do in Raleigh
- Raleigh Up Close: Shopping Like a Local
- Know Your Course: What to Expect on the Half Marathon Course
- Raleigh Named Forbes Top 12 Destination of 2017!