More than 8,500 runners from all 50 states and 12 countries toed the start line at the 4th annual Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh Marathon & ½ Marathon on Sunday. Estuardo Novales and Stephanie Knast finished first in the men’s and women’s marathon, respectively. Edwin Kibowen won the men’s half marathon and Nicole Esplin placed first in the women’s half marathon. Upon finishing, runners celebrated with family and friends at the finish line festival where alternative rock band Cracker took the stage to headline the post race Toyota Rock ‘n’ Roll Concert Series.
- 9 Staff Favorites to Experience on Race Weekend
- This is Race Weekend in Raleigh: Told through Instagram
- The South’s Most Underrated Food City
- 2018 Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh Half Marathon Military Challenge
- Foolproof Recipe for Race Success: The Walk-Run Method
- Raleigh, NC: The Hidden Gem of Rock ‘n’ Roll at Home in the Spotlight
- The Best Things to Do in Raleigh
- Raleigh Up Close: Shopping Like a Local
- Know Your Course: What to Expect on the Half Marathon Course
- Raleigh Named Forbes Top 12 Destination of 2017!