New Orleans, AKA NOLA, or the Big Easy is a destination unlike any other which offers all the ingredients for an unforgettable weekend. Jam-packed with sights and sounds from St. Charles Avenue to the French Quarter all the way to the Esplanade, visiting this city is surely something you’ll need to check off of your bucket list. If running a 10k, half marathon, or marathon is also on your bucket list, you can take care of both at #RnRNOLA on February 5, 2017!
Here are nine reasons why New Orleans WILL rock your world.
- Kick a few back at a local brewery, cry tears of laughter at a comedy club, or tear up the dance floor. NOLA has few rivals that match up in terms of its nightlife scene. There are plenty of opportunities for you to loosen up and get rid of those pesky pre-race jitters.
- New Orleans is one of the best places in the world to prep and recover during a race weekend. Our mouths water at the very thought of authentic Cajun Cuisine which complements the city’s rich history. Gumbo, jambalaya, beignets or crepes can make perfect recovery meal options after working off a boatload of calories at #RnRNOLA.
- Past participants of Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans aren’t strangers for playing dress up on race day. One might see Elvis toeing the start line, costumed superheroes and more than a Carnivale mask or two. If the goal is to make the race fun, our runners certainly accomplish that in stride.
- Beignets are fried, tasty morsels that are known far and wide as the iconic pastry of the south. These sugary treats gained popularity with the southerners in the 18th century when French Colonists carried the recipe and custom over to New Orleans. This is the only city in the world where you can grab an authentic New Orleans Beignet fresh from the baker!
- The French Quarter (AKA, The Quarter, to locals) is the oldest neighborhood in New Orleans, and by far one of the coolest places you’ll ever visit. Designated as a National Historic Landmark, the French Quarter boasts a colorful past leading back to 1718 when it was founded. If that isn’t enough to knock your socks off, Magazine Street is down the road. Starting from Canal Street to the Garden District, this part of town is notable for its museums, art galleries, and restaurants.
- Each year, two #RnRNOLA participants are voted to be the #NOLARoyalty King & Queen. Receiving royal treatment throughout the weekend, the King and Queen have the red carpet rolled out from start to finish You could be the next Rock Royalty in 2017!
- Whether you decide to run the 10K, 1/2 marathon, or marathon this February, the courses will be fast, flat, and accompanied with plenty of on-course refreshments to keep you hydrated until you reach the finish line!
- Get jazzed for NOLA’s musical influences! With sounds spilling out of Bourbon Street bars, and buskers on every corner, you can be sure that those tunes will follow you onto the race course, with live entertainment and headliner performances to keep the party going!
- Just in case you thought the #RnRNOLA event weekend couldn’t get any better, how about does UNLIMITED BEER sound? Yep. We just said UNLIMITED BEER. If you’ve ever wanted to drink a shower beer, while you’re having a beer shower, this is the time folks! Just remember to drink responsibly.
There you have it! Nine solid reasons why New Orleans is sure to rock your world when #RnRNOLA comes to town. Sign up now and join the party!