10 Fun Fiesta Facts:
- This is a history-steeped celebration! Fiesta has been going on since 1891.
- The only time Fiesta did not occur was during WWI and WWII.
- It has evolved from just one parade into a 10 day celebration.
- There are 5 parades!
- The Battle of Flowers Parade is the largest and Fiesta Flambeau is second.
- Fiesta Flambeau Parade is a parade at night!
- The Battle of Flowers is the only parade in the U.S. planned and directed completely by women. – Girl Power!
- The Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, CA, is the only parade in the nation larger than the Battle of Flowers Parade!
- Fiesta takes place to honor the heroes of the Alamo and the Battle of San Jacinto.
- The only festival larger is Mardi Gras in New Orleans!
Fiesta is just one (or 10) of the things that makes San Antonio so special. We hope you’ll join us at our favorite Alamo City event, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio Marathon & 1/2 Marathon in December.