Whether your goals on race day are to run faster, harder, or just make it to the finish line, you must train and prepare yourself. Congratulations on deciding to participate in the 2016 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio Marathon and ½ Marathon. Participating is a huge accomplishment!
Here are some tips for race day to help you reach your goals.
- Drink plenty of water the day prior to your race in order to keep your body hydrated.
- Stay away from acidic foods the day prior to and morning of the race. This may upset your stomach and jeopardize your race results.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Do not wear brand new shoes. Choose shoes that are already broken in and accustomed to your feet.
- Select clothing that will control your perspiration. Dry-fit clothing is best to use and avoid cotton shirts.
- Invest in a fuel belt that carries water to maintain your hydration and prevents you from having to make frequent stops at a water station. This will help maximize your time and keep up your momentum.
- Plan ahead for hunger. Pack an energy bar in your fuel belt so you’ll be prepared with a snack to curb your appetite.
- Load your songs on your music device and be sure it is fully charged.
- Have fun!
Once you reach the finish line and achieve your goal, you can relax and enjoy your accomplishment.
As an official financial sponsor of the 2016 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio Marathon and ½ Marathon, we wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing you at the finish line.
To learn more about a variety of topics, including insurance, mortgages, financial planning, and investments, subscribe to our blog at http://swb.us/2f1V4Yh.
Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, SWBC is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states. SWBC has been named one of the “100 Best Companies to Work for in Texas” for the past five years. SWBC is also one of San Antonio’s Top Workplaces.