The Half Marathon has a time limit of 4 hours, and the Marathon has a time limit of 7 hours. The race will utilize a wave start. The marathon time limit begins at approximately 7:05am and the half marathon time limit will begin when the last 1/2 marathon runner crosses the start line. If you are falling behind pace prior to the marathon course cutoff locations below, you will be asked to get in the tail vehicle and be transported forward so the roads may be reopened in a timely fashion.
Mile 8.3 (Full/Half Marathon Split, University & Grim) by 9:18am
- All Marathoners who have not reached mile 8.3 by 9:18 am will be diverted to the Half Marathon course.
Mile 14.1 (Morena & Buenos) by 10:55am
- All Marathoners who have not reached mile 14.1 by 10:55 am will be diverted right instead of left on Morena.
Mile 16.4 (Entrance to Fiesta Island) by 11:31am
- All Marathoners who have not reached mile 16.4 by 11:31 am will be turned off the bike path onto E. Mission Bay Drive.
Mile 21.4 (163 entrance) by 12:51pm
- All Marathoners who have not reached mile 21.4 (163 entrance) by 12:51 pm will be picked up and released at the incline at mile 23.2 on the 163.
Marathon cut off timeline is based on the following:
- All marathon runners must cross the start line by approximately 7:05 am
- Time limit to finish time of 7 hours