Registering is easy! You may register for any Rock ‘n’ Roll event by Registering Online.
*For your convenience, please press CTRL + F (Windows/PC) or COMMAND + F (Mac) and search keywords for the questions/answers you are looking for.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
BEFORE THE RACE
Once you have completed your registration, you may confirm your registration by viewing the participant list on the “Confirm Entry” page. Please note the last updated date.
Creating an ACTIVE.com Account:
- Go to active.com
- In upper right hand corner, click Sign Up
- Enter your Email Address (make sure this is the one you were registered under)
- Click Join Now
- Complete all required information
- Name, Email Address, Gender, and DOB must match your registration exactly
- Click Create My Account
- Log into MyEventswith the ACTIVE.com account you just created (http://www.myevents.active.com)
- Enter Registration Number (R-XXXXXXXX)into Claim Registration text box in the top right corner of the page
- The system will look to match your ACTIVE.com account information with your Registration ID, if all four points match (Name, Email, Gender, DOB) you will be prompted to claim the registration
If no registration is found, please contact us.
You can submit 12 characters (including spaces) to be printed on your bib number when you register online before the February 22, 2018. Simply type your message into the Personalize your Bib field during registration. Beware of using symbols as not all symbols will print correctly on bib numbers.
- Before February 22, 2018:
- If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After February 22, 2018:
- If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
- Before February 22, 2018: You may defer your Half Marathon entry to the following year for a $45 deferral fee. Entries will only be deferred to the following year for the same city and distance of your current registration. Deferral fees are non-refundable. 10K, 5K or other distances do not apply and cannot be deferred. To defer your race entry, please contact email@example.com.
- After February 22, 2018: Unfortunately, the option to defer is only valid through the event deadline and our standard cancellation policy will apply as follows: If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
**Race changes for Rock ‘n’ Roll San Francisco are only allowed through February 22, 2018.
Switching from a LONGER distance to a SHORTER distance
There is no charge to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance.
- After February 22, 2018:
- If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance that will take place on the same day as your current registration, simply show up to the start line of the desired distance on race morning and your timing tag will reflect the change. You can visit the corral change table in the Check-In area of the Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in.
Switching from a SHORTER distance to a LONGER distance (does not include the Half Marathon to Full Marathon upgrade)
- After February 22, 2018:
- If you would like to upgrade from any other shorter distance to any other longer distance, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your assigned bib number and proceed to the “Solutions” table. You will be charged the appropriate fee based on the distance you are currently registered for and your desired distance.
Allianz Global Assistance offers Registration Protector
Registration Protector gives participants the opportunity to fully insure their entry. If you can’t attend this event for any number of reasons, including covered injury, illness, traffic accidents and more, you’ll be reimbursed for your registration cost, fees and other related costs. Just add it to your entry upon checkout! Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. See full coverage details.
To file a claim, please contact Allianz Global Assistance at 1-888-497-6989 or visit them online here
To contact Allianz Global Assitance directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions.
Athletes who do not purchase the insurance are subject to the event withdrawal policy: Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. Athletes are not permitted to sell their race entry to another individual. Information on deferring your entry can be found below.
To remove yourself from the start list, please contact us at email@example.com.
Yes. All Rock ‘n’ Roll Events are USATF sanctioned.
Each registered participant and finisher will receive the following:
- Race number, official timing device, technical T-shirt and swag bag to be picked up at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Water, Sports Drink & Sport Gel along the course
- Refreshments and water at the start and finish lines
- Entertainment stages with live music and cheerleaders from start to finish
- Finisher’s medal when you cross the finish line
- Post Race Concert
- Downloadable finisher’s certificate post race
You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon.
No dogs, in-line skates, baby joggers, skateboards, or bikes will be allowed on any part of the course. This is for everyone’s safety!
Most Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series courses are walker friendly. We just ask that all participants train in an effort to complete the course within the course time limit.
All Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathons are certified courses and a “qualifier” for the Boston Marathon.
You will be able to download your confirmation sheet from the race website within 2 weeks before the event. Please bring a printout of your confirmation sheet and a photo I.D. to the Health & Fitness Expo to pick up your race number and other items. Confirmation sheets are mandatory in order to claim your race number.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Rock ‘n’ Roll events.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon or 2-Person Half Marathon Relay. You must be 10 years old to participate in the 10K. You must be 8 years old to participate in the 5K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Marathon or Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Please visit the “Transport” page for parking and transportation information.
Please visit the “Road Closures” tab for the most current information.
Before you enter your assigned corral, drop-off your pre-race/post-race clothing and belongings at the Gear Check. While you run, your gear will be held at Gear Check.
Each participant will receive a large, durable gear bag at the Health & Fitness Expo when you pick up your packet that will serve as your gear bag on race day. Gear Check trucks will be arranged alphabetically and by truck number near the Start Line. Attach your gear tag to your gear bag before you leave it with the Gear Check crew. After the race, reclaim your checked bag at the designated Gear Check area.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
In an effort to provide every one of our participants with as comfortable a run as possible, the Wave Start will be incorporated in most Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events.
Participants are assigned to an appropriate corral based on the projected finishing time submitted on their entry form. Typically, there are multiple waves assigned to several of the finishing times. All spectators should be aware of this when organizing their viewing schedule for the day.
- When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
- At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released.
- By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets. A cut-off location will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by this time will be stopped and shuttled to the finish line area. Please note – this is timing tag time, not gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line.
If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have a few options:
- Increase their pace to stay within the event minimum pace;
- Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required; or
- If the participant cannot continue, they may board a sag wagon to be dropped off at the next shuttle location, at a nearby medical station. The participant will be seen by a Medical Team captain to be cleared for the medical shuttle to transport the participant to the finish line.
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth. Items from the start will be transported to the finish.
To claim a lost item after the event, please contact us at, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Medical Team is a dedicated group of multidisciplinary medical professionals, available to help assess your race day medical needs and administer acute first aid when necessary.
Numerous medical stations will be located at the Finish as well as at the start and along the course. Look for large RED and WHITE tents and for our medical volunteers dressed in RED shirts for complimentary help before, during and after the race.
Please view the “Course” page for course support information.
Race timing is by Sportstats using chip on the bib technology which will automatically record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish. Sportstats will be using disposable tags, glued onto your race bib, which allows you to walk away from the finish without the need to have your tag collected.
Please Note: All participants in the race must wear their race bib with the tag intact in order to have their times recorded. No bib = no time! Please make sure the race bib is pinned at torso height at the front and is visible throughout the race.
Visit Sportstats.us for more information.
Help support your community, as well as the thousands of runners and walkers by volunteering! With almost 2,400 positions available there is a spot for everyone; including teams, corporate groups, family and friends.
If you are a medical professional, or you are interested in gaining more experience in the medical field, register for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Sports Medicine Team.
Experienced pacers from Marathon Matt’s San Francisco Run Club team will help you reach the finish line at your goal time. Pace Teams are FREE and open to all participants. Visit the Pace Team booth at the Expo to join a Pace Team.
Pace groups offered include:
In 2018 we have an all new app that includes real time-runner tracking. Share this with your friends, family and fans so they can track your progress on race day.
- Additional highlights of the app include:
- Participant times, paces, estimates and places in real-time
- Live Runner Tracking
- Interactive Course maps
- Push notifications as progress is made on course
- Event information and messaging
- Live Leaderboards
- Social sharing
Please note: We will not be offering SMS Runner Tracking in 2018. If you have the old Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series app, please delete it and download the new version.
There will be port-a-potties at the start and finish lines as well as approximately every 2 miles along the course.
AFTER THE RACE
Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter the Secure Zone, a fenced off area designated for participants only. In the Secure Zone, have your photo taken, refuel with water and refreshments and receive your finisher’s medal. Once you leave the Secure Zone, you cannot re-enter. Just outside of the Secure Zone, you can retrieve your gear bag and join family and friends for the Finish Line Festival.
After the race, reunite with family and friends in the Family Reunion area and relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments and live music at the finish line stage. With a large number of participants and thousands of excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that you designate a meet-up location for friends and family BEFORE the race in the Family Reunion area. The Family Reunion area will post tall, clearly-marked signs by Letter (A – Z), so be sure to coordinate and plan to meet at a predetermined letter.
Age Group Awards for the Marathon and Half Marathon will be distributed at the event during the awards ceremony.
Age group awards will be presented 3-deep in all divisions, for both the marathon (where applicable) and half marathon, for male and female categories. Top 3 overall male and females are excluded from the age-group awards and can only receive one prize. In accordance with USATF Rules, overall and cash awards will be determined by gun time while age group awards will be determined by your chip time.
All finishers will be able to download their finisher’s certificate on the Results page of the race website within 5-7 days after the event.
All finishers will be able to view and purchase their photos from the event on the Results page of the race website within 5-7 business days after the event.
Please submit a results correction request and our timing company will look into your claim. Corrections will be updated on a weekly basis.
On race day, if the distance shown on your Forerunner is slightly more than the official race distance, it just means you weren’t cutting corners—quite literally. According to the IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federation) course measurement guidelines (pg. 20), a road race course is defined by the shortest possible route a runner could take without being disqualified.
For most races, a certified measurer rides the course on a bike, staying near the curb and taking every available tangent. This ensures that all runners will run at least the declared race distance. After the race, if Forerunner shows that you ran a little farther, this just accounts for extra steps you took to run around others participants, hit a water stop or stay to the middle or outside lane.
Lost items that were found and turned in will be returned to the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series office after the event. Please allow 1-2 weeks for transit time and inventory.
If you would like to follow up on a lost item, please contact us at, email@example.com.
Please Note: The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series is not responsible for lost or stolen items.