Information regarding the 2017 United Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon San Francisco will be posted as available. Information provided on this page is subject to change.
- Road Closure Grid*
- Course Map*
- No Parking Zones*
- General Race Information*
- Access Map and Information*
- San Francisco Road Closure Brochure*
- Farmer’s Market/Fort Mason Access*-Coming Soon!
- Yacht Club Access via Yacht Road*-Coming Soon!
- Golf Course/Legion of Honor Access*-Coming Soon!
- Marina Access*-Coming Soon!
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Use the free Waze App on your smart phone for point to point directions on race day around road closures!
Be Aware. Plan Ahead
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The United Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon San Francisco will bring thousands of runners and walkers to San Francisco, in addition to tens of thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! San Francisco residents are encouraged to visit the FREE Health & Fitness Expo at Pier 35, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners. The finish line festival is also free at Civic Center Plaza after the runners finish.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 5:30 am and 11:30 am. At 5:30 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. The races begin at 7:00am, and streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route.
There will be metering points at the following areas for vehicle access:
- Geary Blvd & Anza St. at 34th and 35th Ave
- 27th & 26th Ave at El Camino Del Mar
- Webster St. & Marina Green Drive at Marina Blvd – Access to Farmers Market, Marina, and Yacht Club
- Bay St. & Polk St.
- Polk St. & Larkin St. – all streets between Vallejo St. and Ellis St.
Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Interactive Road Closure Map
At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series community relations by completing the community contact form.
Public Transportation Information
Please visit the SFMTA website for up to date information regarding public transportation on race day.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. View a complete list of No Parking Zones here.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.