Here are the Top 10 reasons San Jose makes a great choice
for your next run!
There are so many reasons to rock San Jose and make it your next half marathon destination. Rock ‘n’ Roll San Jose is carries the title of California’s fastest half marathon course. The seaside course includes a fast, flat and scenic course that just can’t be beat when it comes to crushing a new personal best. Distances include a 5K, 10K and half marathon. On top of offering courses that buzz through the historic downtown district, Japan Towns, rose gardens are more, participants are also treated to a fun opportunity to race with Roger Craig. Craig is retired San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl champ Roger Craig and has been a regular at Rock ‘n’ Roll San Jose since it’s inaugural year!
- Catch a soccer game at the new Avaya Stadium – home to the MLS’ San Jose Earthquakes and largest outdoor bar in North America. The venue is also host to the MLS All-Star game in 2016.
- Check out the spooky Winchester Mystery House.
- Visit edgy galleries and eclectic art in the SoFA District.
- For dining options, San Pedro Square Market will please any palette and budget with over 25 unique eateries.
- Unwind at Santana Row for shopping or enjoy a relaxing massage at one of the spas.
- Enjoy a night on the town by experiencing arts and entertainment at one of the historic theaters in Downtown San Jose. Rock out to a concert at City National Civic, revel in opera or symphony at the California Theatre, watch ballet or a musical at the Center for the Performing Arts or take the children to see a show put on by Children’s Musical Theater at Montgomery Theater.
- Weekend warriors will love San Jose’s 54 miles of trails for hiking, walking and biking under the sun
- Must-see attractions also includes The Tech Museum of Innovation and Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum.
- Cool off at Northern California’s largest water park by hitting up Raging Waters.
- Skip Napa and Sip Silicon Valley by tasting wine in the Santa Cruz Mountains at Mountain Winery, Ridge Winery, and Testatossa Winery to name a few.