Spectators are a huge part of the racing experience – with so many people lining the streets, it is just as important for spectators to prepare for race day as it is for the athletes themselves.
We have put together a list of the top tips for spectators to remember that will be sure you give their runner that extra kick they need!
- Date: October 6 – 7, 2017
- Location: San Jose McEnery Convention Center, Halls 2-3 (map)
- Expo Hours:
- Friday, October 6: 1:00pm – 6:00pm
- Saturday, October 7: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Directions: For directions, please visit the McEnery Convention Center website.
- Parking at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center is available for a daily fee and will apply for both Friday and Saturday. This fee is issued by the San Jose McEnery Convention Center.
- There are alternate lots and parking meters available in downtown San Jose.
- 2017 Exhibitor List & Floor Plan
- Watch your runner start their race at the start line on W. Santa Clara St. at N. Almaden Ave.
- Walk around the corner to San Pedro Square Market to catch your runner at Mile 4.
- Last but not least catch your runner at the finish line in Plaza de Cesar Chavez.
Just as a runner studies the course map, it is important for spectators to do, as well. Talk with your runner: where on course do they think they will need the most support? Planning ahead so your runner knows where to expect you gives them that added motivation to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Can you be at multiple points on course? Point-to-point courses require some additional planning, but it can be done.
Runner Tracking technology lets you know the progress of your runner on race day. Convenient texts keeps you updated every step of the way. Click here for more information and to sign up. Runner tracking is compliments of Synchrony Financial.
FAMILY REUNION AREA
After the race, reunite with runners in the Family Reunion area at the Finish Line Festival and relish in your runners’ post race accomplishment. With a large number of participants and thousands of excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that you designate a meet up location BEFORE the race. The Family Reunion area will have tall, clearly-marked signs by letter (A – Z), so be sure to coordinate and plan to meet at a pre-determined letter.