How To Register
Registering is easy! You may register for any Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon by Registering Online.
Once you have completed your registration, you may confirm your registration by logging into MyEvents which contains all your ACTIVE.com purchases.
- Log into the MyEventsweb page at http://www.myevents.active.com
- Your username will be the email address which you used to sign up
- Use the “Forgot My Password” link if needed
- Once logged in, you will see all events which you have signed up for, thus confirming your registration
If they were imported or if they were registered by another person, they will have to use these instructions to claim their registration:
If you were registered by another individual, you may claim your registration by first creating an ACTIVE.com account and then logging into http://myevents.active.com.
Note: In order to claim your registration, you must create an ACTIVE.com user account and have your unique Registration ID. The Name, Email Address, Gender, and DOB of the ACTIVE.com account must match the registration you are claiming.
Creating an ACTIVE.com Account:
- Go to active.com
- In upper right hand corner, click Sign Up
- Enter your Email Address (make sure this is the one you were registered under)
- Click Join Now
- Complete all required information
- Name, Email Address, Gender, and DOB must match your registration exactly
- Click Create My Account
Claiming a Registration:
- Log into MyEventswith the ACTIVE.com account you just created (http://www.myevents.active.com)
- Enter Registration Number (R-XXXXXXXX)into Claim Registration text box in the top right corner of the page
- The system will look to match your ACTIVE.com account information with your Registration ID, if all four points match (Name, Email, Gender, DOB) you will be prompted to claim the registration
If no registration is found, please contact us.
Personalize Your Bib
You can submit 12 characters (including spaces) to be printed on your bib number when you register online before the event deadline. Simply type your message into the Personalize your Bib field during registration. Beware of using symbols as not all symbols will print correctly on bib numbers.
**Race changes are only allowed up to 8 weeks prior to race day. Please visit our Event Timelines page for event specific deadlines
Switching from a LONGER distance to a SHORTER distance
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline:
- If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance that will take place on the same day as your current registration, simply show up to the start line of the desired distance on race morning and your timing tag will reflect the change. You can visit the corral change table in the Check-In area of the Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in.
- If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance that will take place on a different day of the Remix Challenge Weekend, please pick up your assigned bib number at the Expo and proceed to the “Solutions” table.
Switching from a SHORTER distance to a LONGER distance
- Before the event deadline: To upgrade from a shorter distance to a longer distance, simply contact our our Customer Service and provide your name and new predicted finishing time. The early upgrade fee is the difference in price between the registration fees charged at the time of registration, plus a $10 upgrade fee (processing fee is not included when calculating price difference).
- After the event deadline: If you would like to upgrade from a shorter distance to a longer distance, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your assigned bib number and proceed to the “Solutions” table. You will be charged the appropriate fee based on the distance you are currently registered for and your desired distance.
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying levels. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, with other participants of similar running pace.
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
2018 & 2017 Event Registration Refund Program- (REGISTRATION COMPLETED ON OR AFTER MARCH 18, 2017)
Allianz Global Assistance offers Registration Protector
Registration Protector gives participants the opportunity to fully insure their entry. If you can’t attend this event for any number of reasons, including covered injury, illness, traffic accidents and more, you’ll be reimbursed for your registration cost, fees and other related costs. Just add it to your entry upon checkout! Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. See full coverage details.
To file a claim, please contact Allianz Global Assistance at 1-888-497-6989 or visit them online here
To contact Allianz Global Assitance directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions.
2017 Registration Refund Program- (REGISTRATION COMPLETED BEFORE MARCH 18, 2017)
Registration Refund Program provided by Transamerica
Great News! With Registration Refund provided by Transamerica you can request a 100% registration fee refund if you are unable to participate due to a specific covered reason. To qualify, you must select the Registration Refund option at the time of registration. You may then receive a registration fee refund if you are unable to participate due to any of the following reasons:
Bad things like:
Injury, unforeseen illness, family member injury or illness, family member loss of life, involuntary job loss, unexpected travel delays (that are covered under the policy).
Good things like:
Pregnancy, childbirth, family member pregnancy or childbirth.
Other reasons including:
Active duty military deployment, permanent job relocation.
Note: A Qualified Medical Practitioner must certify illness, injury or pregnancy refund requests.
Click here to learn more and review the program’s FAQs.
Click here to download a copy of the terms and conditions and the refund request form.
Note: Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions.
If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Competitor Group events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon or 2-Person Half Marathon Relay. You must be 10 years old to participate in the 10K. You must be 8 years old to participate in the 5K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Marathon or Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Parking & Transportation
2017 Parking Information – coming soon!
For Road Closures, and Community Access information please CLICK HERE!
Before you enter your assigned corral, drop-off your pre-race/post-race clothing and belongings at the Gear Check. While you run, your gear will be held at Gear Check.
Each participant will receive a large, durable gear bag at the Health & Fitness Expo when you pick up your packet that will serve as your gear bag on race day. Gear Check trucks will be arranged alphabetically and by truck number near the Start Line. Attach your gear tag to your gear bag before you leave it with the Gear Check crew. After the race, reclaim your checked bag at the designated Gear Check area.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
In an effort to provide every one of our participants with as comfortable a run as possible, the Wave Start will be incorporated in most Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events.
Participants are assigned to an appropriate corral based on the projected finishing time submitted on their entry form. Typically, there are multiple waves assigned to several of the finishing times. All spectators should be aware of this when organizing their viewing schedule for the day.
- When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
- At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released.
- By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets. A cut-off location will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by this time will be stopped and shuttled to the finish line area. Please note – this is timing tag time, not gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line.
If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have a few options:
- Increase their pace to stay within the event minimum pace;
- Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required; or
- If the participant cannot continue, they may board a sag wagon to be dropped off at the next shuttle location, at a nearby medical station. The participant will be seen by a Medical Team captain to be cleared for the medical shuttle to transport the participant to the finish line.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth. Items from the start will be transported to the finish.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 3 pm will be trucked back to our San Diego office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact Competitor Group at 800-311-1255.
The Medical Team is a dedicated group of multidisciplinary medical professionals, available to help assess your race day medical needs and administer acute first aid when necessary.
Numerous medical stations will be located at the Finish as well as at the start and along the course. Look for large RED and WHITE tents and for our medical volunteers dressed in RED shirts for complimentary help before, during and after the race.
2017 Course Support – coming soon!
Race timing is by Sportstats using chip on the bib technology which will automatically record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish. Sportstats will be using disposable tags, glued onto your race bib, which allows you to walk away from the finish without the need to have your tag collected.
Please Note: All participants in the race must wear their race bib with the tag intact in order to have their times recorded. No bib = no time! Please make sure the race bib is pinned at torso height at the front and is visible throughout the race.
Visit Sportstats.us for more information.
Make every step count. Fundraise for your favorite cause.
Rock ‘n’ roll has always been a way to express your self and connect with others. To say, “This is who I am. This is who we are.” To rage against the things that you know in your heart need to change. To begin a movement.
Since 1998, Rock ‘n’ Roll runners have raised over $310 million for hundreds Charity Partners. When we visit San Jose, we strive to leave behind lasting change by giving our participants the chance to make a real difference by raising money for local and national causes they care about.
Your cause is the Heart of Rock ‘n’ Roll.
We’ve teamed up with everydayhero so all our runners can make every step count and fundraise for their favorite charity. It’s simple. When you register, pick the charity you’d like to fundraise for, create your page and set a goal. Then do your thing.
This year, we’ve set a big goal: One Year. 17 cities. 450,000 runners. $10 million raised.
This is your call to greatness. Turn your Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon into a fundraiser for the charity of your choice. Because if you run that’s great. If you run ‘n’ raise, you ROCK!
Are you a charity interested in getting involved in a bigger way?
Learn more about EveryDay Hero Submit a Charity Partner Application
Completing an endurance sports event such as a marathon or half marathon is one of life’s great experiences. And when you train with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training, you make that experience an even greater accomplishment by not only changing your life but by helping cure cancer. Team In Training also gives you more of everything you need for success.
In return, you’ll raise funds to help people with blood cancers live better, longer lives.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Finish MS offers athletes the chance to create a world free of MS while pushing their own personal limits.
Email: email@example.com Phone: (415)230-6678
NephCure Kidney International
NephCure Kidney International is supports research seeking the cause of the potentially debilitating kidney disease FSGS and Nephrotic Syndrome.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 610-540-0186
The Next Step Foundation – Team Brandon
Team Brandon is the face of The Next Step Foundation. Raise awareness about the life-altering effects of drinking & driving and empower special needs families to participate in exercise/self-love programs.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 602-619-5558
We have partnered with PacWest to provide the Official Pace Team for the race. Experienced pacers will help you reach the finish line at your goal time. Pace teams are FREE and open to all participants. Visit the Pace Team booth at the Health and Fitness Expo to join a pace team. Pace groups are offered in the following times: 1:30, 1:45, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00.
Runner Tracking lets your friends, family and fans know your progress on race day. Convenient texts keep them updated every step of the way. To sign up for FREE runner tracking, click here.
Runner Tracking will be open for sign up approximately two weeks before race day. Simply enter your cell phone number, we will send you a text with your code and then follow the prompts to finalize set up.
Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter the Secure Zone, a fenced off area designated for participants only. In the Secure Zone, have your photo taken, refuel with water and refreshments and receive your finisher’s medal. Once you leave the Secure Zone, you cannot re-enter. Just outside of the Secure Zone, you can retrieve your gear bag and join family and friends for the Finish Line Festival.
After the race, reunite with family and friends in the Family Reunion area and relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments and live music at the finish line stage. With a large number of participants and thousands of excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that you designate a meet-up location for friends and family BEFORE the race in the Family Reunion area. The Family Reunion area will post tall, clearly-marked signs by Letter (A – Z), so be sure to coordinate and plan to meet at a pre-determined letter.
Age Group Awards
Age group awards will be presented 3-deep in all divisions, for both the marathon (where applicable) and half marathon, for male and female categories. Top 3 overall male and females are excluded from the age-group awards and can only receive one prize. Awards will be mailed within 8 to 10 weeks of results being finalized. In accordance with USATF Rules, overall and cash awards will be determined by gun time while age group awards will be determined by your ChronoTrack time. 5K and 10K awards are giving to the top 3 overall male and female finishers.