Thanks to all the outstanding community groups, teams, schools and generous people who support and participate in the different editions of the Rock ‘n` Roll for their volunteering!
During the weekend of the Rock ‘n` Roll Half Marathon Santiago 2018, thousands of participants and volunteers will participate in the production of the event, so we hope to count on you to live this tremendous experience and reward you for your effort!
If you are interested in participating and working, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we are waiting for you!
Frequently asked questions
What happens after I register online?
After registering, you will immediately receive an automatic confirmation by email. One or two weeks before the event, you will receive confirmation materials by mail with specific instructions about your volunteer shift (s). All volunteers will receive shift reminders by email during the week of the race.
Can I bring a friend?
Yes! On certain occasions, the shifts are filled, which will be noticed online. Encourage your friends to register online to secure their place. This also lets us know how many volunteers will be helping. We can always use extra help!
What happens if I can not attend?
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator as soon as possible. Send an email to email@example.com with your full name, rut and volunteer shifts you must cancel. If you do not have access to the email, call +569 95916571.
What happens if I can not stay the whole shift?
Once you register, we expect you to stay for the entire shift. We can not replace you if you leave early. We expect each volunteer to stay until the end of the shift.
Can I divide the shift with a friend?
Unfortunately no. The turns are predetermined because it is difficult to arrive or leave in the middle of a shift. It is crucial that volunteers remain throughout the shift; We can not replace you if you leave.
Are meals provided?
Meals are provided for long shifts or “All day”. All volunteer shifts will include a snack.
How should I dress?
Wear comfortable and closed shoes. Wear layers of comfortable clothes for cold and hot temperatures, both for indoor and outdoor shifts. You will receive a shirt from the race team that identifies you as part of the official crew of the Rock ‘n’ Roll race.
What should I bring with me?
As little as possible! There is no storage for personal items on the site. Almost all areas will also have a corner where everyone can put their coat or lunch, but it will not be safe. We strongly recommend bringing as few personal items as possible. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Can children be volunteers?
The official minimum age for volunteering is 18 years. We are concerned about safety and the ability to stay focused on a task throughout the work shift. Please direct any questions on this subject to the Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights and Responsibilities
It is your right to:
- Receive the guidance, training and supervision necessary to complete the task.
- Feel that their efforts have a real purpose and contribute to the mission of the organization.
- To provide information on ways in which their tasks could be better performed.
- Be treated with respect and as an equal partner within the organization.
- Trust the confidential information necessary to carry out your task.
- Expect that your time is not wasted due to bad planning or coordination of the organizers of the event.
- Be covered by the general liability insurance of the event while volunteering during the event.
- Confirmation materials will be sent to you by mail and / or email with instructions and details for the shift (s) you selected.
It’s your responsibility:
- Do not take on more responsibilities than you can handle.
- Comply with time commitments or provide appropriate notice so that alternative arrangements can be made.
- To perform the tasks assigned to you as best you can.
- To remain flexible when assigned your task (s).
- To follow the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Respect the confidences entrusted to you.
- Be open-minded and respectful of the opinions shared with you.
- To notify the organization in advance of absences or schedule changes that may affect them.
- To read all the confirmation materials sent before your volunteer turn.