We’ve got the tips you need to kick start your marathon or half marathon training.
- Make sure you’re registered to ROCK Savannah on November 5 & 6, so you’ve got a goal in place
- Build up a base – simply tie on your running shoes and get some miles under your belt
- Double up – every now and then have a double-workout day to break your body from routine
- Drill, drill, drill – spend 10 – 20 minutes a few times a week on basic drill workouts like high knees, skipping, and yes, sprints
- Throw a long one into the mix – once you’re ready, plan a 90 minute, slow and steady long run for the weekends
- Find a race – a 5K can be all you need to get the taste for racing. Check out some great local Southern races here.
Read up on these articles from Competitor.com, the Official Magazine of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series, for more tips to get you back in the training zone:
- Top-10 Offseason Tips For Runners
- Short Circuit Workout
- 5 Tips To Spring Back Into Training
- 5 Tips for Sticking with a Training Plan
- Ways to Increase Your Mileage
- 3 Key Workouts Runners Should Do Every Week
- 5K Training Tips for Running Rookies
- 7 Hot Weather Training Tips