How To Register
Registering is easy! You may register for any Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event in two ways.
- Register Online
- Request an entry form by mail. Please contact us and we will be happy to mail a form to you. All registrations submitted by paper entry form will be charged a $15 Green Fee for processing. We do not accept phone entries.
Please enter only once. If you fax or register online, do not mail a hard copy. Do not send multiple faxes or online entries.
Don’t know if you are registered for the 2017 Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon or 1/2 Marathon? Click here to confirm.
Personalize Your Bib
You can submit up to 12 characters (including spaces) to be printed on your bib number when you register online before the event deadline. Simply type your message into the Personalize your Bib field during registration. Beware of using symbols as not all symbols will print correctly on bib numbers.
All Marathon, 1/2 Marathon and Relay participants must attend the Health & Fitness Expo at the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center to pick up their packets.
Sunday 1 Mile and 5K packets and participant items will not be available at the Saturday event.
**Race changes are only allowed up to 8 weeks prior to race day. Please visit our Event Timelines page for event specific deadlines
Switching from a LONGER distance to a SHORTER distance
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline:
- If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance that will take place on the same day as your current registration, simply show up to the start line of the desired distance on race morning and your timing tag will reflect the change. You can visit the corral change table in the Check-in area of the Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in.
- If you decide to switch from a longer distance to a shorter distance that will take place on a different day of the Remix Challenge Weekend, you must do so at the Health & Fitness Expo. Please pick up your assigned bib number at the Expo and proceed to the “Solutions” table.
Switching from the HALF Marathon to FULL Marathon
- Before the event deadline: To upgrade from the Half Marathon to the Full Marathon simply contact our customer service as 800-311-1255 and be ready to provide your name, new predicted finishing time, and payment information. The early upgrade fee is $20 when changing from the Half Marathon to the Full Marathon.
- After the event deadline: If you would like to upgrade from the Half Marathon to Full Marathon, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your assigned bib number and proceed to the “Solutions” table. The late upgrade fee is $35 when changing from the Half Marathon to the Full Marathon at the Expo.
Switching from any other SHORTER distance to any other LONGER distance (does not include the Half Marathon to Full Marathon upgrade)
- Before the event deadline: To upgrade from any other shorter distance to any other longer distance, simply contact our Customer Service at 800-311-1255 and be ready to provide your name, new predicted finishing time, and payment information. The early upgrade fee is the difference in price between the registration fees charged at the time of registration, plus a $10 upgrade fee (processing fee is not included when calculating price difference).
- After the event deadline: If you would like to upgrade from any other shorter distance to any other longer distance, you will need to pay an upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your assigned bib number and proceed to the “Solutions” table. You will be charged the appropriate fee based on the distance you are currently registered for and your desired distance.
We do not offer registration transfers from individual distances to the Relay or from the Relay to the individual distances.
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying speeds. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, along with other participants of similar running pace.
Before the event deadline: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, simply email your request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
After the event deadline: If your training has gone better than expected and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
Registration Refund Program provided by Transamerica
Great News! With Registration Refund provided by Transamerica you can request a 100% registration fee refund if you are unable to participate due to a specific covered reason. To qualify, you must select the Registration Refund option at the time of registration. You may then receive a registration fee refund if you are unable to participate due to any of the following reasons:
Bad things like:
Injury, unforeseen illness, family member injury or illness, family member loss of life, involuntary job loss, unexpected travel delays (that are covered under the policy).
Good things like:
Pregnancy, childbirth, family member pregnancy or childbirth.
Other reasons including:
Active duty military deployment, permanent job relocation.
Note: A Qualified Medical Practitioner must certify illness, injury or pregnancy refund requests.
Click here to learn more and review the program’s FAQs.
Click here to download a copy of the terms and conditions and the refund request form.
Note: Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions.
If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate (unless you have selected Transamerica’s Registration Refund Policy); you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and affiliated events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon or Relay. You must be 8 years old to participate in the 5K. There is no age limit to participate in the 1 Mile run but participants must be sure that they can competently and safely complete the distance before registering.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Race numbers are required to be worn at all times during the race.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, or dogs will be allowed on the course.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Parking & Transportation
2017 Parking & Transportation Information Coming Soon
2017 Road Closure Information Coming Soon
Before you enter your assigned corral, drop-off your pre-race/post-race clothing and belongings at Gear Check. While you run, your gear will be held at Gear Check and available for your collection when you have completed your race.
Each participant will receive a large, durable gear bag at the Health & Fitness Expo when you pick up your packet that will serve as your gear bag on race day. Gear Check trucks will be arranged alphabetically and by truck number near the Start Line. Attach your gear tag to your gear bag before you leave it with the Gear Check crew. After the race, reclaim your checked bag at the designated Gear Check area.
In an effort to provide each participant with as streamlined a run as possible, a Wave Start will be implemented at Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon & 1/2 Marathon.
Participants are assigned an appropriate corral based on their projected finishing time, as submitted at registration. The corrals are then released in waves, in order to space out starting participants and minimize crowding. Typically, there are multiple waves assigned to the most common finishing times. All spectators should be aware of this when organizing their viewing schedule for the day.
- When the starting gun fires, the first corral is released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
- At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released, and then the next.
- By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
The official course time limits are 7 hours (16:01/mile pace) for the marathon and 4 hours (18:19/mile pace) for the half marathon. If at any time a participant drops behind the tail vehicle, the participant will be picked up in the tail vehicle and transported to the back of the pack to stay on-pace.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets. Cut-off locations will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by the communicated time will be advanced forward on the course, or shuttled to the finish line area. Please note – cut-off times are calculated based on participants’ timing tag time, not starting gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line.
If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have several options:
- Increase their pace to stay within the event’s minimum pace;
- Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required; or
- If the participant cannot continue, they may board a sag wagon to be dropped off at the next shuttle location, at a nearby medical station. The participant will be seen by a Medical Team Captain to be cleared for the medical shuttle before being transported to the finish line.
The course time limit for Savannah is 4 hours for the half marathon and 7 hours for the full marathon.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and to help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth. Unclaimed items from the start will be transported to the finish.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 2pm will be trucked back to our San Diego office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact Competitor Group at 800-311-1255.
The Medical Team is a dedicated group of multidisciplinary medical professionals, available to help assess your race day medical needs and administer acute first aid when necessary.
Numerous medical stations will be located at the Finish as well as at the Start, and along the course. Look for large RED and WHITE tents and for medical volunteers dressed in RED shirts for medical assistance before, during and after the race.
2017 Course Support Coming Soon
State of the art ChronoTrack systems will be used to record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish. The ChronoTrack system uses a disposable tag, called a D Tag, which allows you to walk away from the finish without needing to have your tag collected.
The ChronoTrack timing tag (D Tag) will be attached to your race bib when you collect your race packet. The D Tag will be labeled with a number that matches your race number. When you pick up your bib, please make sure these numbers match, and also verify that YOUR name is printed on the bib you are issued*. Proceed to the Solutions Table if any of the information is incorrect.
Prior to the race, you must remove the tag from your race bib and attach it to your shoe. Please follow the instructions provided in your registration packet.
PLEASE NOTE: ChronoTrack timing tags must be worn on your shoe in order to have your time correctly recorded. ChampionChip timing equipment will NOT be used at this race; ChampionChip timing chips will NOT record your time.
*If you register for the race before online registration closes, your ChronoTrack timing tag should have your name printed on it.
Visit chronotrack.com for more information.
Learn more here about our Charity partners.
We’ve partnered with Fleet Feet Sports Savannah to provide the official Pace Team for the race. Pace teams are FREE and open to all participants. Stop by the Pace Team Booth at the Health & Fitness Expo to learn more.
Pace Times Half Marathon:
Pace Times Marathon:
Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter the Secure Zone, a fenced off area designated for participants only. In the Secure Zone, receive your finisher’s medal, have your photo taken and refuel with water, snacks and refreshments. Once you leave the Secure Zone, you cannot re-enter. Just beyond the Secure Zone you can retrieve your gear bag and join family and friends for the Finish Line Festival.
After the race, reunite with family and friends in the Family Reunion area and relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments and live music at the finish line stage. With a large number of participants and thousands of excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that you designate a meet-up location for friends and family BEFORE the race in the Family Reunion area. The Family Reunion area will post tall, clearly-marked signs by Letter (A – Z), so be sure to coordinate and plan to meet at a pre-determined letter.
Age Group Awards
Age group awards will be presented 3-deep in all divisions, for both the marathon (where applicable) and half marathon, for male and female categories. Top 3 overall male and females are excluded from the age-group awards and can only receive one prize. Awards will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks of results being finalized. In accordance with USATF Rules, overall and cash awards will be determined by gun time while age group awards will be determined by your ChronoTrack time.
Marathon Finisher Jacket
As our BONUS gift to you, all participants that finish the marathon distance will receive a marathon finisher jacket. Jackets will only be awarded to participants that register for the marathon and complete the 26.2 miles. Jackets are available for collection after the race at the Marathon Jackets tent within the finish line festival. Proof of marathon completion may be requested – this may include showing a marathon finisher medal and race bib. Presentation of marathon jacket bib ticket is required.