For six years the Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon & 1/2 Marathon has looked forward to bringing runners to Georgia. In a few short years we’ve been privileged enough to experience the renowned, welcoming charm that earned Savannah its title, “Hostess City of the South.”
Each fall local residents and communities from all over Savannah and Chatham County open their doors, hearts, arms and even roads to share their city with us for a few days.
Now is our turn to return the gesture and offer you our thoughts, hugs, smiles and support as you look to rebuild your communities after weathering the storm.
This page contains community and road closure information for the 2016 Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon & ½ Marathon, and Sunday 5k. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Please note, the Sunday 5k has changed slightly and will include minimal street closures around the Daffin Park area. You can learn more about the 5k and road closures below. There have been changes to the full and 1/2 marathon course as well. Please find more information below.
- Saturday Half Marathon/Marathon Course Map*
- Saturday Half Marathon and Marathon Road Closures*
- Saturday Alternate Access Information and Map*
- No Parking Grid – Saturday and Sunday*
- Sunday 5K and 1 mile Map*
- Sunday 5K Road Closure Grid*
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Use the free Waze App on your smart phone for point to point directions on race day around road closures!
Be Aware. Plan Ahead
- Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon & ½ Marathon will bring over 20,000 runners and walkers to Savannah, plus tens of thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the route in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Savannah residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
- There will also be a 5K that starts and finishes in Grayson Stadium at Daffin Park on Sunday, November 6. There will be minimal road closures outside the park that afternoon.
At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present.
Most road closures and detours on Saturday will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 3:15 pm. At 6:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. The races begin at 7:30 am, and streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Interactive Road Closure Map
This map outlines the Saturday marathon and half marathon road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race.
This map outlines the Sunday 5k race in the Daffin Park area and the road closures.
Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series community relations team by completing the community contact form.
Public Transportation Information
CAT Detour Information
Marathon and Half marathon road closures along the race route will may impact CAT bus routes on Saturday. More information on CAT detours will be available online shortly. If you have specific questions, please visit catchacat.org or call CAT Customer Service at 912.233.5767
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. A complete list of No-Parking zones can be viewed here.
Local Business? Get Involved!
If you are a business looking to take advantage of runners in town, contact us for more information on participating in the “Show your Bib” program.
Local Communities - Get Involved in the Fun!
Are you community group looking to make a fun day of the marathon and half marathon? Contact us for more information regarding the “Rock Around the Block” community spirit competition for a small cash prize.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.