With race day approaching, it’s important that you plan ahead and know how to make your way to the Health & Fitness Expo, the Start Line and Finish Line.
Here is how to get where you need to go–including how to pre-purchase race-day parking at Seattle Center.
- Friday, June 8 @ 12pm – 7 pm
- Saturday, June 9 @ 9am – 5pm
Expo Location: CenturyLink Field Event Center, West Hall (MAP)
Our recommended parking location is the CenturyLink Field Event Center Parking Garage.
Address: 330 S Royal Brougham Way, Seattle, WA 98134
Cost: $20 (PLEASE NOTE: Cost will increase to $45 after 3PM on Saturday, June 9, due to the Sounders Game)
- Street parking will be available on a first come first serve basis.
- Please be aware that there is a Seattle Sounders game on Saturday June 9, which may limit street parking availability.
- Use Uber or Lyft
- Plan your trip though public transportation.
- We highly recommend visiting the WSDOT website to see whether your commute will be affected by construction and road closures.
Race Start Time: 6:30 am
Start Line Location: Seattle Center (2nd Avenue N and Mercer St.)
YOU MUST PRE-PURCHASE PARKING ONLINE (THROUGH JUNE 4) OR AT THE EXPO (WHILE SUPPLIES LAST) TO ENTER THESE GARAGES ON RACE DAY.
- Pre-Purchase Online: CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE ONLINE (through June 4).
- Pick up Your Pass at the Expo: After purchasing online, you MUST pick up your parking pass at the Parking Booth at the Expo.
- Pre-Purchase at the Expo: While supplies last, purchase and receive your parking pass at the Parking Booth at the Expo.
- Hours: Pass valid on June 10, 2018 only; must be parked by 5:30 am.
- Cost: $20
The Seattle Center Monorail will be opening at 5AM to accommodate our 6:30am start time. It will depart approximately every 5-10 minutes from the Westlake Center Station at 5th Avenue and Pine Street. Passengers will unload at the Seattle Center Station adjacent to the Space Needle.
Monorail tickets must be purchased in advance (through June 4) for these special pre-race slots and picked up in person at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Pre-Purchase Online: CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE ONLINE (through June 4)
- Pre-Purchase at the Expo: While supplies last, purchase and receive your ticket at the Monorail Booth
- Cost: $2.50 per ticket
There are no shuttles to the Start Line this year.
GET DROPPED OFF AT THE START
- Drop-Off Location: Participants may be dropped off near the start line on John Street by Denny Park. Expect heavy traffic. Please carpool and arrive early.
- From the south: From I-5 North, use Exit 166 to Olive Way. Take a right onto Olive Way and then a left onto Denny Way. Make a right onto 9th Avenue. Turn left onto John Street. Drop off on John Street by Denny Park. To return to I-5, make a left onto Dexter Avenue and a left onto Denny Avenue.
- From the north: From I-5 South, use Exit 166 to Stewart Street/Denny Way. Make a right onto Denny Way and then a right onto 9th Avenue. Turn left onto John Street. Drop off on John
There is NO free parking for participants or spectators; standard parking rates apply. All parking lots in the area are privately owned and fees range from $5-$20.
These directions will only apply prior to 5:30AM due to the closure on 5th Avenue.
- I-5 Northbound: Take Exit 165 for Seneca Street. Go straight through the light to continue west on Seneca Street. Turn right onto 4th Avenue South and continue through downtown.
- From I-5 Southbound: Take Exit 165A for James Street. Turn right onto James Street. Turn right onto 4th Avenue South. Continue through downtown.
- From I-90 Westbound: From I-90 Westbound, merge onto I-5 North via Exit 2C. Follow signs for Madison Street/Convention Place and merge onto 7th Avenue. Turn left onto Madison Street. Turn Right onto 4th Avenue South. Continue through downtown.
- From Downtown: Use 4th Avenue South to travel Northbound through downtown.
- From SR 99/Aurora Southbound: Turn right on Roy Street to exit and continue straight toward 3rd Avenue. Seattle Center is located just one block south of Roy Street between 1st Avenue and 5th Avenue. Look for any available parking near Roy Street or in the surrounding area.
- SR99/Aurora Northbound: SR99 Northbound will be CLOSED north of the West Seattle Bridge for the race. Use I-5 to travel northbound.
By using Waze, participants can avoid delays by getting real-time traffic and road closure information. Download the free Waze App that will get you to and from the race!
Finish Line Location: Seattle Center (5th Avenue N. and Harrison Street)
The new Start Line and Finish Lines are only a block apart and located inside Seattle Center.
- Spectators can walk from the Start Line to the Finish Line to cheer on their runners, then walk back afterward.
- Those who parked at the 5th Avenue or Mercer Street Garages can walk back to the lots from the Finish Line.
- But before you go, be sure to stick around to hear the Old 97’s and enjoy everything that Seattle Center has to offer!
There are two parking lots located near the Museum of Flight that will be available for participant parking.
- Boeing Lot: Located across from the Museum of Flight off of E. Marginal Way S. and S. 96th Pl.
- Boeing Truck Inspection Lot: Located across from Starbucks off of E. Marginal Way S. and S. Norfolk St.
There are no shuttles to the Start Line this year.
GET DROPPED OFF NEAR THE START
The runner drop off point will be located on the corner of E. Marginal Way S. and S. Norfolk St.