Information below is for the 2018 Rock ‘n’ Roll Seattle Marathon and 1/2 Marathon.
Metering Points & Vehicle Valves
- Marathon and Half Marathon Course Map*-Coming Soon!
Road Closure Grid*-Coming Soon!
- No Parking Zones* -Coming Soon!
- Saturday 5K Course Map & Closures* -Coming Soon!
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Use the free Waze App on your smartphone for point to point directions on race day to avoid road closures!
Be Aware. Plan Ahead
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Alaska Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Seattle Marathonand 1/2 Marathon will bring more than 18,000 runners and walkers to Seattle, in addition to tens of thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Seattle residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at CenturyLink Event Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 3:00 pm. At 6:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. After the race starts the streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the course map and road closure grid for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Road Closure Map
This interactive map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon community relations team by completing the community contact form.
Public Transportation Information
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. Here is a complete list of No Parking Zones.
Local Business? Get Involved!
If you are a local business looking to reach our tens of thousands of runners, spectators and volunteers take advantage of our free “Runner Perks” program. Click here for more information!
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.