Alaska Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Seattle has partnered with Sound Transit Link Light Rail to make getting to and from the race a breeze.
This year’s new stadium-to-stadium courses put the Start Line next to the University of Washington Station and the Finish Line just a short walk from the International District/Chinatown Station.
Take Link light rail to and from the event with these quick tips:
GETTING TO THE EXPO:
- Take Link Light Rail to the International District/Chinatown Station. Walk south to the Weller Street Bridge, cross the bridge, and continue to the CenturyLink Event Center West Hall, an approximately 10-minute walk.
GETTING TO THE START LINE:
- Take a northbound train to the University of Washington Station. The Start Line is immediately next to the station.
- Sound Transit Link Light Rail is providing early service on Race Day with northbound trains leaving Angle Lake Station starting at 4:47 am and continuing every 12-20 minutes. (See full race day morning schedule here.) All stations will be served. The ride from Angel Station to University of Washington Station is 48 minutes.
- Angle Lake Station AM Additional Trips:
- 4:47 AM
- 5:07 AM
- 5:12 AM
- 5:24 AM
- 5:36 AM
- 5:48 AM
- Start of regular Service
GETTING HOME FROM THE FINISH LINE:
- Walk from CenturyLink Field, across the Weller Street Bridge and to the International District/Chinatown Station, an approximately 5-minute walk.
- If you park at the Start Line, take a northbound train to the University of Washington Station. Walk north along Montlake Blvd to the parking lots, an approximately 10-minute walk.
PLANNING YOUR TRIP:
- Use Sound Transit Trip Planner to plan your route on race day.
PURCHASING YOUR TICKET:
- Avoid lines at the ticket vending machine on race day by paying for Link fare using an ORCA card or the Transit GO Ticket mobile app – download it from the app store and buy your ticket in advance of the race. A Transit Go Ticket must be activated prior to boarding.
- If you have an ORCA card: Make sure you have an active pass or add money to the e-purse before the event.
- Link paper tickets can be purchased using cash, Visa or MasterCard from the ticket vending machines (TVM) located at the Link Stations on the day of the race. Advance tickets are not available at a TVM. If you will be riding Link after the race, we recommend purchasing a Day Pass ticket. Day Passes are twice the one-way fare.
RIDING THE LIGHT RAIL:
- If you have an ORCA card: Tap your card on the yellow ORCA reader at the Light Rail station before you get on. Tap your card again on the reader once you’ve reached your destination.
- If you don’t have an ORCA card: Activate the ticket on your Transit GO Ticket app before boarding the train or be sure to have a valid paper ticket with you.
- You will see fare enforcement officers at stations and on board. They will check your ORCA card or ticket, so please be sure to tap your ORCA card before you get on the train or have a valid ticket (paper or an activated ticket on the Transit GO ticket app). You may get a fine if you do not pay for your ride.
- Transit riders can park for free at Angle Lake Station and Tukwila International Boulevard Station.
- Participants can also pre-purchase parking at the Start Line (and take Light Rail back to their cars after the race) or pre-purchase parking at the Finish Line (and take the shuttle or Light Rail to the start).
LINK LIGHT RAIL MAPS
Click to enlarge