As you probably know, training to run a half marathon can be a challenging yet rewarding endeavor! Why not make it more fun, run with some locals and make new friends? If you live in the area, check out our St. Louis training program hosted by our partners at Fleet Feet St. Louis!
Participants in Fleet Feet’s Brooks-sponsored program benefit from our professional head coaches, experienced mentors and managed group workouts on the St. Louis area’s best paths. In addition, they gain access to an extensive lineup of health care professionals and informational clinics on nutrition, hydration, gear, injury prevention, stretching techniques and more for success in your half marathon training. Additional perks are available for those who choose to fundraise for St. Jude Children’s Hospital.
Standard Half Marathon Training Program
This is appropriate for anyone who wants to enjoy training to run or walk 13.1 miles between 1.5 hours (8:00/mile long run training pace) and 3.5 hours (17:00/mile long walk training pace). We welcome first-time half marathoners, veterans, runners and walkers looking for a structured program that will prepare them for a personal best. Starting mileage is based on your experience level, with beginning long workouts ranging from 3 to 6 miles.
Advanced Half Marathon Training Program
For experienced half marathoners who have made the transition from completing to competing. Program applicants are first assessed by our professional coaches. If runners have the foundation needed to train to race 13.1 miles under in 2.25 hours (10:30/mile long run training pace) or faster, they will be accepted into this positive, driven training environment. Advanced half marathoners in St. Louis receive the perks of the standard program plus customized schedules based on one-on-one assessments and additional group speed workouts. Starting mileage is six miles.
- Individualized training in a group setting. Our proven program has served more than 7,900 half marathoners. Over the past eight years, participants have given the program an average rating of 4.8 stars (out of five) and more than 90% have completed their goal race. Our program is appropriate for both first-timers and experienced veterans.
- Experienced, professional head coaching. Our degreed and credentialed head coaches assess each participant’s current fitness level and goals and ensure that they train at an appropriate level.
- Our community is vast. We have a plethora of experience and abilities that both compete and complete the half marathon distance. Our experienced mentors offer support and motivation to athletes in pace groups ranging from 8:00/mile (run) to 17:00/mile (walk). They follow customized novice, intermediate and advanced schedules.
- Two weekly group workouts. Track workouts are held on Tuesday evenings, and long run/walks on some of St. Louis’ best paths are hosted on Saturday mornings. (Runners in our Advanced program are also invited to a Sunday morning workout in Forest Park.)
- A chance to be a hero. Our partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital gives team members the opportunity to run for the kids.
- The program begins with an informal meeting on Saturday, July 22, 2017, 8:00am at Ballpark Village, St. Louis, MO.
- Track workouts are held on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 pm at Parkway Northeast Middle School, and long runs on some of St. Louis’ best paths are hosted on Saturday mornings at 6:30 am. (Runners in our Advanced program are also invited to a Sunday morning workout in Forest Park starting at 7 a.m.)
- Program is geared towards any half marathon early October through early November.