It’s shaping up to be unseasonably warm this weekend in the Lou. Here are some tips so you can make sure you’re fully prepared and raring to go for your race.
- Remember to complete the Medical Information on the back of your race bib.
- Take some salt. Before your race, add a salt pack to a cup of fluid and drink it. Salt packets will be available at the start line refreshment stand and also from race officials within your starting corrals. Salt packets can also be found on course at all medical stations.
- Don’t over-exert yourself. If you’re feeling hot, slow down to a comfortable pace and ease up.
- Don’t over-drink. Drink when you are thirsty and no more.
- Make use of the misting stations on course, found at each water station.
- If you don’t feel right, stop at a medical station to get checked out or stop any race or city official you see on course who can help you seek assistance. You may also request a shuttle at a medical station, which will take you to the finish line if you cannot continue.
- Consider switching distances. If you are registered for the half marathon, you can choose to run the 10K at any time up until you reach the split point on course. To make the switch, simply follow the 10K route which separates from the half marathon course at approximately mile 3.5, with a hairpin turn on Delmar Boulevard. This will be clearly posted.
You can also look forward to:
- Additional course support, listed here.
- Ice towels available in the Finish Line Secure Zone.
- Cool drinks available in the Finish Line Secure Zone.
- Your complimentary Michelob Ultra, for participants over 21, in the beer garden.
Rest assured we’re prepared for the weather and will be ready to rock with you on Sunday. To read more expert tips for running in warm weather, click here. Take care of yourself, have fun and be prepared to rock this weekend!