Spectators are a huge part of the racing experience – with so many people lining the streets, it is just as important for spectators to prepare for race day as it is for the athletes themselves.
We have put together a list of the top tips for spectators to remember that will be sure you give their runner that extra kick they need!
- Dates: October 13 – 14, 2017
- Location: America’s Center Convention Complex, Hall 5 (map)
- Expo Hours:
- Friday, October 13: 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, October 14: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Parking at the America’s Center is available in garage and surface lots throughout downtown St. Louis, some of which have fees.
- Detailed parking information can be found here
- Expo is Free and open to the public
- 2017 Exhibitor List & Floor Plan
- Looking for the best way to get to the start and finish lines? We recommend looking over the Parking & Transportation Information
- Start Line: Market St. & 10th St.
- Finish Line: Market St. east of 15th St.
- Finish Line Festival: Kaufman Park (Chestnut St. & Tucker)
- The start and finish line are conveniently located next to each other (about 5 blocks away) on Market Street
- Check out the start and finish line venue maps here
Support your runner race morning and wake up early with some perks at the locations listed below. All of these locations are great viewing areas to find your runner on course:
- Located after Mile 5. A great place to grab a treat and watch your runner complete the first part of their race!
- 420 Manchester Avenue St Louis, Mo 63110
- Hours of operation on race day: 7:00am-2:00pm
- Located right before Mile 6.
- 4180 Manchester Ave St. Louis, MO 63110
- Hours of operation on race day: 8:00am-7:00pm
Tower Grove East
- While you are rockin your way through St. Louis, you will come across Tower Grove East, a special neighborhood located directly east of Tower Grove Park. After you take your run through the serene landscape that is Tower Grove Park, you will make your way to Mile 8, and enter the eclectic and fun neighborhood of Tower Grove East. One of our best spectator locations can be found in Tower Grove East, at Kitchen House Coffee. Spectators can cheer on their runner while enjoying a great cup of coffee or bite to eat, featuring menu items that are sourced from their urban farm in the neighborhood and honey from their own bee farm. They truly bring local St. Louis ingredients to the table. Check out the cool runner perk they are offering to all of our participants
Kitchen House Coffee
- Located right after Mile 9 this will be a great place to grab a cup of coffee and watch your favorite runner enter into their last couple miles
- 3149 Shenandoah Ave., St. Louis, MO 63104
- Hours of operation on race day: 8:00am-4:00pm
Just as a runner studies the course map, it is important for spectators to do, as well. Talk with your runner: where on course do they think they will need the most support? Planning ahead so your runner knows where to expect you gives them that added motivation to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Can you be at multiple points on course? Point-to-point courses require some additional planning, but it can be done.
Runner Tracking technology lets you know the progress of your runner on race day. Convenient texts keeps you updated every step of the way. Click here for more information and to sign up. Runner tracking is compliments of Synchrony Financial.
After the race, reunite with runners in the Family Reunion area at the Finish Line Festival and relish in your runners’ post race accomplishment. With a large number of participants and thousands of excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that you designate a meet up location BEFORE the race. The Family Reunion area will have tall, clearly-marked signs by letter (A – Z), so be sure to coordinate and plan to meet at a pre-determined letter.