The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series has introduced a new TourPass 10-pack, replacing the TourPass Global. The Rock ‘n’ Blog team has been chatting a bit about this change, and here’s a helpful POV on how to maximize your 2018 Rock ‘n’ Roll schedule!
First, let’s get to the basic information:
- Global TourPass has sunsetted and is no longer available for purchase.
- There is a new TourPass 10-Pack. For one price, you can run any 10 events in the Series.
- For those who are interested in running 10+ races, you can add additional TourPass 3-Packs or plan early for your races and get in at presale pricing (protip: presale is always open the race week for the next year). Some races are still coming up this year, and if you are really looking forward to one – jump on that presale pricing!
- The Heavy Medal program is continuing and going to be epic in 2018! More information on this will be coming soon.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll now uses Active.com as the website to register for races.
So what does this mean for you, the loyal TourPass holder? You need to plan your races accordingly. If you know you want to run a race next year and there is a presale, jump on it! That is your best pricing option and will save you a spot on your TourPass. You can still use your TourPass to register for the Remix Challenge weekends. Think strategically about the races you are planning to run, the ones you might want to run or the ones you definitely want to run. For example, if you can get a great rate on a 5K, you might want to save part of your TourPass for a longer distance. Or if you want to see how training is going for a later race, save your TourPass to register for the distance as the price gets more expensive. Plan your 2018 race schedule so that you get more bang for your buck!
As a team, the Rock ‘n’ Bloggers have also found some ways to take advantage of the new 2018 TourPass options:
- With the Active.com fees, the TourPass 10-pack fees come out to about $53. This will be charged once during the registration process. If you are adding on a TourPass 3-Pack, it is another $18.32. This is a one-time fee, which means that you will only have to pay the registration fees once. Again, you’ll have to think about your 2018 goals to see what works for your budget!
- Think about an Active.com VIP membership. It helps with registration fees for races even outside of Rock ‘n’ Roll. It is a great resource with a ton of perks, discounts and no processing fees!
- You do not have to use your TourPass for an entire weekend. If you want to add a Remix Challenge, think about paying for the 5K and using the TourPass for the half or marathon. It can save those races for the ones that cost more.
- PRESALE! I don’t think I can say enough about presale pricing, which occurs for 10 days, from the day the Health & Fitness Expo opens through the following Sunday. You really cannot beat the pricing.
Hopefully some of this information helps when working on your 2018 race calendar. If you have any questions please reach out to a Rock ‘n’ Blog team member (or even me directly). We are all more than glad to help answer any questions!